The War's Effect on Palestinian Children
- Childhood asthma. Clark, Noreen M.; Brown, Randall W.; Parker, Edith; Robins, Thomas G.; Remick Jr, Daniel G.; Philbert, Martin A.; Keeler, Gerald J.; Israel, Barbara A. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Jun99 Supplement 3, Vol. 107, p421
Examines childhood asthma in the United States. Increase of prevalence since 1980; Mortality; Burden of the disease in urban areas and racial/ethnic minority populations; Hospitalization and morbidity rates; Characteristics of the disease; Diagnosis of the disease; Precipitants of asthma...
- Glycemic Control in Prepubertal Years. Chase, H. Peter // Diabetes Care;Apr2003, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1304
Comments on the results of a study which provides evidence that the prepubertal years of diabetes add to the risk of diabetic complications, though not at the same rate as the postpubertal years. Potential benefits and risks of intensive treatment in young patients; Suggestion that glycemic...
- Nonrespiratory Stenotrophomonas maltophilia Infection at a Children's Hospital. Sattler, Carlos A.; Mason Jr., Edward O.; Kaplan, Sheldon L. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;12/1/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p1321
Describes Stenotrophomonas maltophilia infection in children. Characteristics of the condition; Diagnosis of the infection; Treatment of the disease.
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Turtle;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p34
Addresses questions concerning child health and illness.
- What Parents Want To Know About&hellips;. Pellman, Harry // Pediatrics for Parents;2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p4
Part II. Discusses the work involved in formulating the guidelines and limitations in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of sinusitis in children. Gold standard for the diagnosis of acute bacterial sinusitis; Indication of the presence of a secondary bacterial infection; Diagnosis based...
- Prevalence of migraine headache in children. // American Family Physician;1/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p212
Presents information taken from the September 1994 issue of the `BMJ' on the prevalence of migraine headache in children. Effect of age; Comparison of occurrence in boys and girls; Effect on length of school absence; Recommendations.
- Presentation of leukemia in children. // American Family Physician;1/1/1995, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p253
Presents information taken from the August 1994 issue of the `Australian Family Physician' on the presentation and management of leukemia in children. Signs and symptoms.
- The child with suspected hearing loss. Rajan, P. // Malaysian Family Physician;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p65
A quiz concerning a case of an eight-year-old girl with suspected hearing loss is presented.
- THE NATIONAL PAEDIATRIC DIABETES AUDIT. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA11
Presents an abstract of the study 'The National Paediatric Diabetes Audit: Data From 2001,' by A.H.K Smith and J.A. Edge, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- EFFECT OF HIGH CALORIC DIET ON NUTRITIONAL PARAMETERS FO CHILDREN WITH THALASSAEMIA MAJOR. // Archives of Disease in Childhood;Apr2003 Supplement, Vol. 88, pA12
Presents an abstract of the study 'Effect of High Caloric Diet on Nutritional Parameters of Children With Thalassaemia Major,' by W. El-Matary, A.T. Soliman, M.A. Fattah, I. Nasr and R.E. Alaily, presented at the 7th Spring Meeting of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health.