Suriye-Ä°srail BarÄ±ÅŸ GÃ¶rÃ¼ÅŸmeleri: OlgunlaÅŸma Teorisi Perspektifinden Bir Analiz
- Suriye-Ä°srail BarÄ±ÅŸ GÃ¶rÃ¼ÅŸmeleri: OlgunlaÅŸma Teorisi Perspektifinden Bir Analiz. SÜER, Berna // Middle Eastern Studies / Ortadogu EtÃ¼tleri;Jan2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p217
Syrian-Israeli peace negotiations with the US mediation in the 1990s ended in 2000 without an agreement. This article aims at analyzing the reasons behind the failure of the peace process between Syria and Israel. Indeed there is a few but important literature on the issue. However, this...
- SYRIA-ISRAEL. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);11/27/2010, Vol. 137 Issue 1230, p3
The article reports on the impact of Israeli's referendum law on the peace talks with Syria. It states that the referendum passed by the Knesset parliament is a democratic tool that helps unity and allows social involvement. A Syrian minister argues that any chance for peace in the region is...
- A Shaky Compromise in Lebanon. // Time;6/21/1976, Vol. 107 Issue 26, p34
The article reports on the effort of Syria to make Lebanon a peaceful society. It states that Syria has made a massive military intervention to enforce a long-elusive Pax Syriana but was misinterpreted by others that caused Damascus to have a bloody conflict with its erstwhile ally. In addition,...
- GETTING TO YES. Kondracke, M. // New Republic;3/26/90, Vol. 202 Issue 13, p10
Comments on the eagerness of the United States President George H.W. Bush Administration to achieve the first-ever face-to-face official peace dialogue between Israelis and Palestinians. Implication of the administration's effort on Bush's re-election bid; Reason behind the Israel government's...
- TURKEY-MIDEAST. Hayat, Al // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);1/21/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4773, p4
The article reports on the statement from Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan that his country rejected the Israeli proposal to hold direct talks with Syria. Erdogan says that the Turkish government is not a decision-maker in the issue, and added that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is...
- Syria Claims Israeli Airstrikes Violated its Sovereignty. // Israel Faxx;6/23/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 127W, p6
The article reports on the statement of the Syrian Foreign Ministry to the United Nations claiming that Israeli airstrikes on nine Syrian military targets were violation to sovereignty.
- Lost on the Road to Damascus. Flick, Arnold // Commentary;Jun2009, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Bret Stephens about Israeli-Syrian relations in a previous issue of the publication and a response from Mr. Stephens is included.
- ISRAEL-SYRIA. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);9/17/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4941, p12
The article reports on Israel's vow in destroying Syria's Scientific and Research Center that provides weapons to Palestinian faction Hamas and Lebanon's militant group Hizbullah.
- Enough with 'red lines'. PENKETH, ANNE // Hill;5/7/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p33
The author discusses the attack of Israel in Syria in 2013, particularly on a facility that stored advanced missiles destined to Hezbollah, Lebanon, which has caused a new talk on the so-called red lines that are declared by politicians.