- Dealing With Bullies. // Gifted Child Today;Fall2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
Presents information on how to deal with student bullying in school. Percentage of students who gets bullied; Occurrence of bullying; Steps how educators can handle bullying.
- What's Up? Humphrey, Patricia // Winner;Apr99, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p12
Advises children on how to handle peer pressure and bullies in school.
- Big. Bad. Bully. Marano, Hara Estroff // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p50
Explores the nature and basis of the act of bullying in the United States. Personalities of a bully; Tales of bullying in schools and communities; Effects of the aggressive behavior on the bully. INSET: How to handle a bully..
- Focus on bullies. // Current Events;12/15/89, Vol. 89 Issue 13, p3
Discusses a National School Safety Center (NSSC) survey on bullies in US schools. Explains how Scandinavian school systems handle the bullying problem.
- Once bullied, now bullies--with guns. Mulrine, Anna // U.S. News & World Report;05/03/99, Vol. 126 Issue 17, p24
Discusses the problem of bullying in schools in the United States. How the National School Safety Center has called bullying the most enduring and underrated problem in American schools; Results from various studies on bullies and bullying; Why teachers do a poor job of handling bullies.
- Make schools safe for `wimps.' Waynar, Mike // Curriculum Review;Feb96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p4
Discusses bullying in schools. How to to deal with bullies.
- What to Do When Bullying Just Won't Stop. // Daughters;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p8
Offers advice from parents on how to protect their daughters from bullies. Ignoring the bully; Finding a mentor at school; Mediation techniques; Letting the bullied girl write a letter to the bully indicating her description of the situation.
- The Great Original Adventure. BAZELON, EMILY // Independent School;Winter2014, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p116
The author presents information on the focus to prevent bullying in schools. The article looks at the author's personal experiences with handling bullying problems with her son and writing her book "Sticks and Stones: Defeating the Culture of Bullying and Rediscovering the Power of Character and...
- Principal shares strategies for parents, sixth-graders. Flinchpaugh, Brian // St. Charles Journal;7/6/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 54, pA1
The article provides strategies for parents on how to handle their sixth-grade children, particularly when it comes to bullying at school.