- Personal Risk Assessment of HIV/ AIDS Infections among Nigerian Adolescent Girls in Secondary Schools. Torubeli, Victor Ayebami // Gender & Behaviour;2012, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p4546
This study investigated personal risk assessment of AIV/AIDS infections among adolescent girls in Nigeria. Four variables (age, knowledge and awareness, Parental status and family type) constituted the personal risk assessment of the adolescent girls. The sample consisted of 2000 adolescent...
- How Culture Can Hurt. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p12
Explores practices and traditions affecting young people's risk for HIV/AIDS.
- Addressing the Epidemic. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p15
Reports that in several developing countries declines in the prevalence of HIV/AIDS among young people, accompanied by clear signs of individual behavior change, give hope of eventually curbing the epidemic.
- Why So Vulnerable? // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p9
Examines why adolescence increase vulnerability to HIV/AIDS.
- Reaching Out. // Population Reports;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p24
Reports that addressing the HIV/AIDS epidemic among young people requires reaching not only youth themselves but also others who influence their lives.
- CRECIENDO CON VIH/SIDA: UN ESTUDIO CON ADOLESCENTES PORTADORAS DE VIH/ SIDA Y SUS CUIDADORAS FAMILIARES. Antunes Lima, Ana Amélia; Rubim Pedro, Eva Néri // Revista Latino-Americana de Enfermagem (RLAE);may/jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 3, preceding p1
This is an exploratory study with a qualitative approach, which looks at the adolescent process with HIV/AIDS. The purpose is to identify how the adolescent process occurs, from the perspective of these teenagers and their family caregivers. The investigation was performed in Porto Alegre, RS...
- CHANGES IN DEVELOPMENTAL FACTORS AND HIV RISK BEHAVIORS AMONG EARLY ADOLESCENTS IN PUERTO RICO. Santos, Diana M. Fernández; Figueroa-Cosme, Wanda I.; de los A. Gómez, María; Maysonet-Cruz, Johanna; Miranda-Díaz, Christine; Sepúlveda-Santiago, Mario; Ríos-Olivares, Eddy; Hunter-Mellado, Robert F. // Ethnicity & Disease;Winter2010 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS1-122
Introduction: Teenagers are the fastest growing group of newly HIV-infected persons. Consequently, a support model for HIV risk reduction was designed and implemented for early adolescents in Puerto Rico. Objective: The purpose of this article is to assess changes in developmental factors and...
- Committee Report Scores Federal AIDS-Prevention Efforts. Flax, Ellen // Education Week;4/15/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p15
The article reports on the results of the study conducted by the House Select Committee on Children, youth Families related in the spreading of HIV-virus that cause AIDS among teenagers. The study concludes that the efforts of the federal government to trim down the spread of the virus is under...
- PERCEPÃ‡ÃƒO E SENTIMENTO DO ADOLESCENTE PORTADOR DE HIV/AIDS: REVISÃƒO INTEGRATIVA. de Almeida Neves, Carolina Vasconcelos; de Araújo, Ednaldo Cavalcante; Carvalho, Karenina Elice Guimarães; da Silva, Ana Luzia Medeiros Araujo; de Vasconcelos, Eliane Maria Ribeiro; da Silva Bezerra, Simone Maria Muniz // Revista de Pesquisa: Cuidado e Fundamental;oct2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p2412
Objective: To identify scientific evidence about the perceptions and feelings of adolescents with HIV/AIDS. Method: This is an integrative review study whose search data was held in the databases: PubMed, SCOPUS, LILACS, ADOLEC using the keywords "behavior", "HIV/AIDS + adolescent," "perception...