Stem cells: Articles of faith adulterated
- New understanding of the restoration of bone marrow. // Reproductive BioMedicine Online (Reproductive Healthcare Limited;Aug2005, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p182
Introduces a series of articles on grafting homopoietic stem cells to sick recipients.
- Treatment improves for severe ocular surface disease. Tabin, Geoffrey C. // Ophthalmology Times;04/01/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p8
Focuses on limbal stem cell transplants for patients with severe ocular surface disorders. Functions of limbal stem cells; Causes of ocular surface diseases; Transplantation procedures.
- Cell therapy for cystinosis. // Current Medical Literature: Lysosomal Storage Disease;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p28
In this article the author comments on a study about the stem cell transplantation in a murine model of cystinosis.
- Tell Me More. Mettenburg, Julie // Countdown;Winter2000, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p40
Provides answers to readers' questions about diabetes. Barriers in the consideration of stem cell transplantation as a possible cure for diabetes; Research about genes called HLA markers which are associated with risk for diabetes.
- Avoiding hepatic veno-occlusive disease: what do we know and where are we going? Bearman, S I // Bone Marrow Transplantation;6/1/2001, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1113
Hepatic venocclusive disease (VOD) is a common toxicity associated with myeloablative chemotherapy or chemoradiotherapy used to prepare patients for stem cell transplantation. A sizable proportion of patients who develop VOD die. It is clear that injury to endothelial cells and hepatocytes in...
- Stem cell transplants appear to work in cancer case. Blacklidge, Julie // Fort Worth Business Press;9/6/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 36, p12
Discusses the implementation of tandem stem cell transplants for neuroblastoma in Texas. Transplantation procedure; Use of chemotherapy; Comparison trial between one transplant and tandem transplant.
- Analysis of stem cell apheresis products using intermediate-dose filgrastim plus large volume apheresis for allogeneic transplantation. Engelhardt, M.; Bertz, H.; Wäsch, R.; Finke, J. // Annals of Hematology;Apr2001, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p254
Presents a correction to the article "Analysis of Stem Cell Apheresis Products Using Intermediate-Dose Filgrastim Plus Large Volume Apheresis for Allogeneic Transplantation," published in the March 29, 2001 online issue of the journal "Annals of Hematology."
- Allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in a Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome patient. Hongeng, S; Pakakasama, S; Hathirat, P; Chaisiripoomkere, W; Ungkanont, A // Bone Marrow Transplantation;8/15/99, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p445
Reports on the use of allogeneic peripheral stem cell transplantation in Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS). Details on the diagnosis of WAS in a boy in January 1998.
- Skeletal muscle satellite cell transplantation. Menasché, Philippe // Cardiovascular Research;May2003, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p351
Cell transplantation is currently gaining a growing interest as a potential new means of improving the prognosis of patients with cardiac failure. The basic assumption is that left ventricular dysfunction is primarily caused by the loss of a critical number of cardiomyocytes and that their...
- Editorial. Gopal, Lingam // World Journal of Retina & Vitreous;Jan-Apr2012, Vol. 2 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including stem cell transplantation, bioinformatics and dengue fever.