Tuskegee University honors syphilis study victims
- Cracking a flexible film issue. Lauzon, Michael // Plastics News;4/18/2016, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p0007
The article reports that researchers at Tuskegee University in Tuskegee, Alabama led by Vijara Rangari are exploring eggshells as a sustainable filler and reinforcement in bioresins. Topics discussed include the eggshell bioresins producing a biocomposite that is 700 percent more flexible than...
- After the Flood. Livengood, Sherry; Aglan, Heshmat // Home Energy;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the study conducted by the Building Technology Center of the Residential Group of Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the Tuskegee University in Alabama to identify the material and methods that floodproof a house. Information on floods and flooding problem in the U.S.; Details of the...
- UAB Partners with Tuskegee, Morehouse in Cancer Research for Blacks. // Black Issues in Higher Education;8/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p17
Reports on the cancer research partnership forged by the University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center with Tuskegee University in Alabama and Morehouse College in Altanta, Georgia. Expectations that the partnership would resolve high cancer mortality rates among...
- Tuskegee University Marks the 100th Anniversary of Its Campus Hospital Filed in African-American History, HBCUs on July 20, 2013. // Journal of Blacks in Higher Education (BruCon Publishing Co.);7/25/2013, p12
The article mentions the anniversary of the John A. Andrew Memorial Hospital, which has been on the campus of Tuskegee University in Alabama for the past 100 years.
- Andrea Anderson continues family legacy of Tuskegee University Queens. // Jet;06/09/97, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p26
Discusses the legacy continued by the crowning of Andrea Anderson as Miss Tuskegee University 1997-1998. The discovery that her aunt and grandmother had both held the distinction.
- Tuskegee tops list of Alabama colleges awarding bachelor's degrees to non-Asian minorities. // Jet;09/15/97, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p23
Provides statistics supporting Tuskegee University's record in the awarding of baccalaureate degrees in three categories to non-Asian minorities. Tuskegee as first among ten Alabama colleges and universities; Categories; Statistics; Report offered by the Quality Education for Minorities Network.
- Tuskegee football scores 500th victory. // Jet;12/29/97, Vol. 93 Issue 6, p52
Reports that the football program at Tuskegee University has found success in 1997. The 500th victory of the Golden Tigers, securing Tuskegee's place as the black university with the most football wins in history; Comments from Dr. Benjamin F. Payton, university president; Figures.
- Teaching Our Youth to Fish. Hughes, Marvalene // Black Issues in Higher Education;11/14/1996, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p100
Presents an article on being a graduate of Tuskegee University in Alabama. Description of students' activities during weekends; Background on the establishment of the university; Significance of education at Tuskegee.
- Bad blood. Fourtner, Ann W.; Fourtner, Charles R. // Journal of College Science Teaching;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p277
Presents a case study of the Tuskegee Syphilis Project of the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama. Transmission and symptoms of syphilis; Cause; Stages of disease development.