St. John tests remote monitoring of heart failure patients
- Conference Roundup. RISK FACTORS IDENTIFIED FOR HOSPITAL READMISSION AFTER HEART FAILURE. Blazek, Nicole // Clinical Advisor;Jul2015, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p80
No abstract available.
- Diagnosis and Management of Pediatric Myocarditis. Bohn, D.; Benson, L. // Pediatric Drugs;2002, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p171
Myocarditis is an insidious inflammatory disorder of the myocardium. As a clinical entity, it has been recognized for two centuries, but it defies traditional diagnostic tests. A greater understanding of the immune response underlying the pathobiology of the disorder can lead to a more rational...
- Medication & Implantable Devices. // Patient Education Management;Oct2011 Supplement, p12
The article discusses medications for heart failure, including ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers, diuretics and digoxin, along with tips on how to take the medicines and a medication chart.
- Long term follow-up of older patients in a heart failure disease management programme. Murphy, N.F.; O’Loughlin, C.; Conlon, C.; Ryan, C.; Traynor, C.; Ledwidge, M.; McDonald, K. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p56
An abstract of the article "Long term follow-up of older patients in a heart failure disease management programme," by N. F. Murphy and colleagues is presented.
- Role of education in treatment of chronic heart failure. Evzerikhina, E.V.; Arutyunov, G.P. // European Journal of Heart Failure. Supplements;Jun2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p147
An abstract of the article "Role of education in treatment of chronic heart failure," by E. V. Evzerikhina and G. P. Arutyunov is presented.
- Men, women with acute HF have similar in-hospital mortality, different treatment. // Cardiology Today;Nov2012, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p26
The article reveals that women with heart failure receive less in-hospital treatment compared to men.
- 246 Evaluation of therapeutic effect for diastolic heart failure by ratio of early diastolic transmitral velocity to early diastolic mitral annular velocity in patients with atrial fibrillation Watanabe, T.; Iwai-Takano, M.; Yaoita, H.; Maruyama, Y. // European Journal of Echocardiography;Dec2006 Supplement 1, Vol. 7, pS25
An abstract of the article "Evaluation of therapeutic effect for diastolic heart failure by ratio of early diastolic transmitral velocity to early diastolic mitral annular velocity in patients with atrial fibrillation," by T. Watanabe and colleagues is presented.
- Quality of care for decompensated heart failure: comparable performance between academic hospitalists and non-hospitalists. Vasilevskis, Eduard; Meltzer, David; Schnipper, Jeffrey; Kaboli, Peter; Wetterneck, Tosha; Gonzales, David; Arora, Vineet; Zhang, James; Auerbach, Andrew; Vasilevskis, Eduard E; Auerbach, Andrew D // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Sep2008, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1399
Background:Hospitalists improve efficiency, but little information exists regarding whether they impact quality of care. Objective:To determine hospitalists' effect on the quality of acute congestive heart failure care. Design and Participants:Using data...
- Several medications used in treatment of heart failure. Zablocki, Elaine // Managed Healthcare Executive;Aug2006, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p45
The article reports on various medicinal drugs used in treating heart failure in the U.S. These medicinal drugs include angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers, beta-adrenergic blockers, aldosterone antagonists, vasodilators, diuretics, and digitalis....