- Some Newtown Residents Would Rather Hug Their Assault Rifles Than Children. MULLEN, SHAUN // Moderate Voice;12/17/2012, p11
The article discusses the disapproval for stricter gun control by residents in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Little hope for federal gun laws. Goad, Ben // Hill;12/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 141, p3
The article reports on the failure of U.S. President Barack Obama's administration to pass a gun control law in the Congress in 2013 following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012.
- Conservatives getting feisty on gun control. GORMLEY, MICHAEL // Buffalo Law Journal;1/24/2013, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the opposition of several conservatives in Albany, New York on the passage of the gun-control law by Governor Andrew Cuomo, the first in the U.S. after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Give the good guys needed protection. Dokes, Eugene // St. Charles Journal;1/9/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 2, pA6
The author comments on a review of gun laws in Missouri in the aftermath of the shooting incident at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut
- Congress' New Answer to Newtown (Guest Cartoonist). PETERS, MIKE // Moderate Voice;04/21/2013, p2
The article presents a political cartoon on the efforts of the U.S. Congress on gun control following the shooting incident in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Comprehensive approach to end gun violence. Gonzales, Alberto // Hill;12/21/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 146, p14
The author reflects on the need for more gun control after the shooting incident in Newtown, Connecticut.
- How gun rights for 'restless natives' became a stealth battle in Election 2014. Jonsson, Patrik // Christian Science Monitor;11/4/2014, pN.PAG
Gun owners in Colorado and Connecticut, two states that passed sweeping gun-control laws in the wake of the school shooting in Newtown, Conn., have helped turn Democratic gubernatorial incumbents into poll-trailers -- underscoring the extent to which the evolution of the Second Amendment is...
- Thousands rally for tighter gun laws as manufacturers voice concern. BISSELL, JENNIFER // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/25/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p3
The article reports that amid pressure for tighter gun laws in Connecticut, the state General Assembly's 50-member bipartisan task force on gun violence prevention and children's safety is considering its legislative recommendations. The advocates for gun control and gun rights have gathered for...
- THE GUN DEBATE. SMITH, PATRICIA; Goode, Erica; Moss, Michael; Rivera, Ray; Calmes, Jackie // New York Times Upfront;1/28/2013, Vol. 145 Issue 9, p6
The article examines the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012 and its implications for gun laws in the U.S. Twenty-year-old Adam Lanza used an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle to kill 20 children and six adults at Sandy Hook Elementary School. Gun control advocates assert that the...
- Editor's Desk. Stengel, Richard // Time;1/28/2013, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses the main topic of the issue, gun control in the United States in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut school shootings in December 2012.