Childhood obesity: a public health threat
- Letters to the Editor. // Pediatric Nursing;May/Jun2003, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p253
Presents a letter to the editor which gives additional insight on an article about childhood obesity. Role of pediatric nurses in the detection of childhood obesity; Barriers that pediatric nurse practitioners face with their patients.
- Published research. Pengelly, Theresa // Paediatric Nursing;Oct2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p10
Presents a summary of published research of interest to children's nurses. "Overweight and Obesity in Irish Primary Schools: Retrospective Cohort Study," by C. McMaster and colleagues; "Early Life Risk Factors for Obesity in Childhood: Cohort Study," by J. Reilly and colleagues; "Adult...
- IN BRIEF. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p4
The article presents news briefs on child welfare and pediatric nursing in Great Britain as of January 2006. According to a study, nearly three quarters of teachers are worried about pupils being victims of mobile phone bullying. Pedometers have been issued as part of the Schools on the Move...
- Journal scan. // Paediatric Nursing;Sep2008, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on several published articles of interest to nurses working in child health as of October 29, 2008. They include "Examining the Push-Pull Method of Blood Sampling From Central Venous Access Devices," by K. Adlard in the "Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nursing, "The Prevalence...
- Promoting healthy lifestyle changes to families is a challenge. Pinfield, Jenny // Nursing Children & Young People;Oct2014, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p13
The article calls children's nurses to increase awareness programmes against childhood obesity in Great Britain. It references studies on growing obesity-related problems, using the National Child Measurement Programme to encourage parents and children to practice health lifestyle, and examining...
- HÃ¡bitos alimentares e obesidade de adolescentes de escolas pÃºblicas e particulares no sul de Minas Gerais. Fernandes Cantuária, Ana Carolina; Batista Pereira, Fabiano Franklin; Hertel, Valdinéa Luiz // Enfermagem Brasil;jul/ago2013, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p212
No abstract available.
- Community-Based Strategies for Pediatric Nurses to Combat the Escalating Childhood Obesity Epidemic. Henry, Linda L.; Rover, Linda // Pediatric Nursing;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p162
The article focuses on community-based strategies for pediatric nurses to combat the escalating childhood obesity epidemic. According to the authors, a community-based approach to combating the epidemic of obesity can combine two strategies: a policy focus aimed at the legislative and political...
- Forthcoming events. // Paediatric Nursing;Dec2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p7
Provides information on several events of interest to pediatric nurses, from December 2003 to April 2004. Symposium on childhood obesity; Conference on developing integrated children's services; Convention on community children's nursing.
- Childhood body mass index and subsequent physician-diagnosed asthma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies. Egan, Kathryn B.; Ettinger, Adrienne S.; Bracken, Michael B. // BMC Pediatrics;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Childhood asthma and obesity prevalence have increased in recent years suggesting a potential association. However, the direction of any association is poorly understood and the potential causal-relationship is unknown. Methods: We examined the association between overweight/obesity,...