- UK visitors to Israel down 65pc over past two years. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;11/18/2002, Issue 2540, p6
Reports on the impact of the war on the tourist trade in Israel.
- Baghdad next year, darling? Levenson, Ellie // New Statesman;4/28/2003, Vol. 132 Issue 4635, p15
Reports that entrepreneurs are capitalizing on the travel trend of recent war zones attracting adventurous tourists. How tourism in several countries, including Yugoslavia, Vietnam, Germany, have been affected by war or political change; Mention of Lonely Planet, a Web site with a message board...
- Abstract of 'Re-membering a Nation Divided: War, Tourism, and the Making of the Modern Citizen.'. Scheckel, Susan // PMLA: Publications of the Modern Language Association of America;Oct2000, Vol. 115 Issue 5, p1130
Presents an abstract of the article 'Re-membering a Nation Divided: War, Tourism, and the Making of the Modern Citizen,' published in the October 2000 issue of the 'Publications of the Modern Language Association of America.'
- The Children Pay the Price. Gellhorn, Martha // Saturday Evening Post;8/27/1949, Vol. 222 Issue 9, p17
The article illustrates the impact of war to the children in Italy. Handicap children, some are blind, maimed, carrying with them, the mark of the conflict that will never disappear in the country. A tourist could be bewitched by its beauty but on the adverse side, pitiful scenes of children are...
- The Battles of Peachtree Creek and Atlanta. Wertz, Jay // Civil War Times;Jan2008, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p25
The article presents information about the exploration of the U.S. Civil War campaigns in Atlanta, Georgia. Two days are said to be adequate time to explore the remnants of the 1864 campaign to capture Atlanta. One can begin explorations by driving in on U.S. 41 (Northside Parkway) and...
- Old arguments fuel modern-day. // All Hands;Aug94, Issue 928, p19
The article reports on the tension in Yugoslavia during the end of the Cold War which fuel the modern-day war.
- The end. Fink, Ida // Tikkun;Nov/Dec93, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p23
Presents a short story entitled `The End' concerning the outbreak of war as seen from the eyes of Piotr and his daughter.
- Tribal quarrels and where they might lead. Kempton, Murray // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/13/93, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p8C
Comments on the disputes and tribal quarrels between nations. Peace negotiations between Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO); Dispute settlement; Ineffectiveness of multinationalism; United Nations sanctions against the Bosnian Muslims involved in ethnic war with other groups...
- This is worse than war. // Middle East;Feb2003, Issue 331, p13
Depicts the dilemma of the Iraqi people living with the constant threat of a war by U.S. against Iraq. Impact of Iraq-Iran war between 1980-88 on the life of people of Iraq; Effect of the 1991 Gulf war on the economy of Iraq; State of education system in Iraq.