Fight for your rightâ€¦to sex ed
- Anti-Sex League. Fagone, Jason // Cincinnati;Feb2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p42
Focuses on opposition to the proposal of sex education in schools in Cincinnati, Ohio. Investigation on the viability of the curriculum by Linda Cagnetti, an 'Enquire' magazine's veteran who covers education for editorial page; Emphasis on nutrition, stress management and dental care in the...
- Education for intimacy. Etzioni, Amitai // Educational Leadership;May97, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p20
Reports that sex education in American public schools should be presented in a context that emphasizes values as well as personal and community responsibility. Exploration of commitments involved; Focus on proper values and interpersonal skill development; Right of parents to be involved and...
- Across the nation: States. // Education Week;9/20/95, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
Presents news items related to education in California and Hawaii. Pressure for sex-education teachers in Hawaii to emphasize abstinence over birth control; Growth of enrollment in California's public schools.
- Teenage Bodies, Teenage Selves: Tracing the Implications of Bio-Power in Contemporary Sexuality.... Hayden, Sara // Women's Studies in Communication;Spring2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p30
Focuses on the implications of sexuality education for public schools in the United States. Analysis of two sexuality education programs; Use of a feminist Foucauldian frame; Promotion of a pro-life agenda.
- Just say 'don't know' Biundo, Jen // Free Press (Buda, TX);3/4/2009, Vol. 105 Issue 48, p1A
The article focuses on the report released by health education professors David Wiley and Kelly Wilson regarding the sex education curriculum of several public schools in Texas.
- Sex ed vote postponed until June. Martin, Jeremy // Between the Lines (10807551);5/19/2011, Issue 1920, p9
The article reports on the move of the Saugatuck school board in Saugatuck, Michigan to postpone the vote of allowing the teaching of alternative lifestyles in middle school sex education classes to allow more public feedback.
- News roundup: Update. // Education Week;6/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the Merrimack, New Hampshire school board's replacement of its ban on classroom discussion that could encourage or promote homosexuality with a new ban on school activities that promote sexual activity or sexual orientation.
- From the Editor. Duncan, Heather E. // Rural Educator;Fall2010, Vol. 32 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses papers published within the issue, including one on the ways in which rural dwellers are depicted in children's literature and another on sexuality education policies in Iowa school districts.
- Teaching about sexuality in independent schools. Roffman, Deborah M. // Independent School;Spring92, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p11
Discusses how to teach sexuality programs in independent schools in the United States. Need for a developmentally based curricula; Problem with the narrow, genitally focused definition of sexuality in American culture; Concerns about HIV/AIDS education. INSET: Philosophy of health education..