The Mark of C, for Crazy
- RX for shootings. Murphy, Eliza // Missoula Independent;8/2/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p11
The author discusses the need for the U.S. to enact gun control in order to avoid violence that was created through distortion, hate-mongering and paranoia.
- Gun control plans boil down to one issue. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;1/21/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p28
The author reflects on the federal gun control measures proposed by the President Barack Obama in a bid to curb gun violence in the country.
- Modest Proposals On Gun Violenc. // Power Line;10/5/2015, p1
The article discusses the gun control and gun violence prevention proposals of U.S. administration spokesman Josh Earnest revealed during a press briefing on October 2015.
- URGENT AND IMPERATIVE. Foer, Paul // Baltimore Jewish Times;1/25/2013, Vol. 330 Issue 4, p16
The article discusses views of Vincent DeMarco, national coordinator of organization Faiths United to Prevent Gun Violence, regarding gun-violence prevention. It briefly describes a plea sent by the faith leaders to U.S President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden to tackle the issue of...
- The Solution to Gun Violence is Clear (Guest Voice). ZAKARIA, FAREED // Moderate Voice;12/21/2012, p20
In this article the author reflects upon the measures that can help in controlling the rising number of violence and shootings in U.S. schools. The author notices basic factors related to school shootings that need to be addressed which includes killer's psychology, access to weapons, and...
- From Turmoil to Stability. Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News Digital Weekly;4/5/2013, Vol. 5 Issue 14, p9
The article discusses the likelihood of turmoil in the U.S. to lead to a period of stability. It notes that President Barack Obama is using the shooting incidents in Connecticut, Colorado and other places to contend for firmer gun control measures. It mentions that polarization, anger,...
- GUNS IN SCHOOLS. DEZENSKI, LAUREN // AMASS;2015, Vol. 19 Issue 55, p42
The article discusses the low gun death rate in Massachusetts having passed a law banning semiautomatic assault weapons, created additional licensing rules and sought severe penalties for those storing unlocked guns. Topics discussed include the school shooting in Massachusetts the recent of...
- BEYOND GUN CONTROL. Wogan, J. B. // Governing;Sep2014, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on perspective of Michael Nutter, mayor of Philadelphia, related to the need of enacting new laws against gun violence in the U.S. as of September 2014. Topics discussed include punishing reckless behavior by gun owners, discouraging straw gun purchases and legal challenges...
- Playing Mind Games With the Second Amendment. Terrell, Rebecca // New American (08856540);7/28/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 14, p10
The article presents the author's views on the move of U.S. President Barack Obama who signed an executive order expanding federal gun control to prevent gun violence. She states that Obama is using the mental health prohibition of the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 to confiscate firearms which...