BULLYING BASICS: fast facts for busy counselors
- Hay River dons pink to fight bullies. CANO, ANGELE // Hub (Hay River, NT);3/6/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information about the first Pink parade, an anti-bullying campaign, organized in Hay River, Northwest Territories on February 27, 2013, in which several schools such as the Harry Camsell and the Princess Alexandra as well as the Hay River Fire Department have participated.
- VOICES: Michelynn Woodard. // Variety;1/21/2013, Vol. 429 Issue 10, p9
The author offers opinions on bullying of and by schoolchildren. It is stated that bullying is a serious and pervasive problem that affects as many as 90 percent of school children in grades four through eight. The author announces that her employer the retail industry firm J.C. Penney will make...
- Honoring positive impact. Duffey, Thelma // Counseling Today;Feb2016, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p5
The article offers insight on the significance of recognizing positive impact of people on others through counseling in the U.S. Topics discussed include the anti-bullying and interpersonal violence initiative of the American Counseling Association (ACA), the lasting effect of diversity respect,...
- Sioux City Journal Takes a Stand. // Editor & Publisher;Jun2012, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the efforts of the Iowa-based "Sioux City Journal" in the fight against childhood bullying, by putting a front page editorial decrying the harassment suffered by the youth and urging the community to come together in support of anti-bullying measures.
- RALLYING AGAINST BULLYING. // Education Week;10/29/2014, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p4
A photograph of an anti-bullying rally in Sayreville, New Jersey is presented, noting a hazing and sexual abuse scandal involving the Sayreville Memorial High School football teams.
- Creativity: A central component of counseling. Duffey, Thelma // Counseling Today;Sep2015, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p5
The article focuses on the importance of creativity in counseling. It highlights two initiatives which includes professional advocacy and anti-bullying or interpersonal violence campaign that inspire creativity in the author. It mentions that counselors can educate the public and the legislators...
- Reframing the conversation. Duffey, Thalma; Curry, Jen; Trepal, Heather // Counseling Today;Oct2015, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p58
The article offers the author's insights on a presidential initiative of the American Counseling Association (ACA) for 2015-2016 which involves an interpersonal violence and anti-bullying campaign to promote empowerment and human dignity. Among the topics involved in the initiative include...
- The No-Bullying Guard. // Instructor;Fall2014, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses the anti-bullying initiative launched by Sitting Bull Academy in California as part of the October 2014 National Bullying Prevention Month.
- Rally, Training, Helps Children Combat Bullying. Summers, Margaret // Washington Informer;8/1/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 42, p21
The article offers information related to an educational camp organized by JC Nalle Community School,Washington D.C. with assistance from the Youth Leadership Academy, which is part of the nonprofit National Center for Children and Families (NCCF) against bullying on July 25, 2013.