Where Do We Stand?
- Obama's Right to Control Guns? Wolverton II, Joe // New American (08856540);2/8/2016, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses U.S. President Barack Obama's restriction of the right of Americans to own, buy, sell, trade, and transfer firearms as of January 2016. Topics covered include views by about half of Americans that such restrictions require Congressional action, will not reduce the number of...
- Search for Ways to Reduce Gun Violence Spurred by Toll of Recent Shootings. Mitka, Mike // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;2/27/2013, Vol. 309 Issue 8, p755
The article discusses gun violence in the U.S. and mentions the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Connecticut on December 14, 2012. It describes the measures taken by the world's leading gun policy experts and the U.S. President Barack Obama to reduce gun violence...
- Obama's Efforts. // Outdoor Life;Apr2011, Vol. 218 Issue 4, p10
The article presents comments on how U.S. President Barack Obama handles sportsmen issues such as not getting on gun bills.
- Troops Denied Right to Carry; Seniors, Vets Targeted by Federal Gun Grab. HOAR, WILLIAM P. // New American (08856540);8/24/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p41
Corrections to several articles are presented including "Military says no to arming servicemen at U.S. bases" in McClatchy Newspapers on July 22, 2015, the U.S. President Barack Obama's comments on gun control reported by BBC on July 24, 2015, and by "Los Angeles Times" on July 18, 2015.
- On guns, Obama preaches to the choir. // Power Line;1/8/2016, p1
The article reports on the statement issued by U.S. President Barack Obama concerning gun violence in the country, gun control reform, and his support to political candidates with gun control advocacy.
- Poll: Americans Favor Obama's Gun Control Proposals. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);1/25/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p3
The article reports the approval of the Americans to the gun control proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Remarks on Gun Violence. Obama, Barack // Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents;1/16/2013, p1
The article presents the speeches by U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden on gun violence on January 16, 2013. Biden shared that he and other Cabinet members were tasked by Obama to make recommendations on how to best proceed with the moral obligations of the government to...
- Fight for Firearm Freedom Heats Up. LaPierre, Wayne // Human Events;4/27/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p11
The author focuses on the anti-gun agenda of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. Among its legislative goals are permanently reinstating gun bans, banning private sale or transfer of firearms and requiring child-proofed handguns. Also cited are cabinet members whom the author...
- Smith & Wesson Barrels Its Way To All-Time High. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;1/6/2016, pB03
The article focuses on the increase in the stocks of gun maker Smith & Wesson Corp. Topics discussed include impact of gun control in gun sales, U.S. President Barack Obama's proposal on the restrictions in the ownership of gun, and two companies which increase their stocks, such as digital...