Gun-control bills pass Colorado House: Was Aurora a tipping point? (+video)
- Disarmed Democrats. Brownstein, Ronald // National Journal;7/28/2012, p16
The article criticizes the U.S. Democrats for not wanting to engage on gun-control issues even following the Aurora, Colorado massacre in July 2012. It notes that President Barack Obama stopped short of reaffirming his previous support for restoring the assault-weapons ban passed under former...
- House Restricts Foreign Leases, OKs Supplemental Spending, Senate Federalizes Gun Show Sales, Allows School Memorials. // Human Events;06/04/99, Vol. 55 Issue 21, p22
Provides information on the legislation passed by the United States House and Senate for the week of May 17, 1999. Approval of a supplemental spending bill; Gun-control measure passed by the Senate.
- Gun-Control Bills Pass Colorado House: Was Aurora a Tipping Point? // Moderate Voice;02/21/2013, p5
The article reports that the gun control bill has been passed in the Colorado House.
- Kids Gunning Down Kids. // Glamour;Jul99, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p131
Editorial. Recommends passing a legislation for tighter gun restrictions. Details of gun purchase under Colorado law; Actions taken by United States President Bill Clinton's administration on gun-control; Remarks from Jack Calhoun, executive director of the National Crime Prevention Council of...
- John Morse: Small Price to Pay. Wolman, Ben // Teen Ink;Oct2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p16
In this article, the author reflects on the support of Colorado's State Senate President John Morse in the approval of five gun-control bills specifically the controversial U.S. House Bill 1224, with the aim to protect Coloradans from gun violence despite knowing its risk for his political career.
- BIG CHANGES IN WASHINGTON. woodard, Todd // Gun Tests;Dec2014, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p2
The article presents author's comments on the election that was held on November 4, 2014 in New York. It mentions that if Republicans took, control of Congress House, then the chances of passing national guncontrol legislation would fail. It offers information on the National Rifle Association...
- Gun Language Bogs Down Juvenile-Justice Legislation. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;11/10/99, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p30
Talks about the juvenile-crime bill to be passed in the United States (US). Gun-control provisions in the US Senate juvenile-crime bill; Remarks from Miriam Rollin, director of public policy for the National Network for Youth; Amendment contained in the House measure.
- Canadian House Passes Tough Gun-Control Bill. // Chinese American Forum;Jan1992, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p25
The article reports on the gun-control bill legislation passed by the Canadian House of Commons. The house voted the prohibition of possession or import of military-style assault weapons and restricts gun purchases to individuals of at least 18 years old. The rate of firearm homicide in the...
- The loud echo of Littleton's gunfire. Cannon, Angie; Garrett, Major; Kas, Jeff // U.S. News & World Report;06/21/99, Vol. 126 Issue 24, p24
Focuses on debate in Congress over gun-control legislation in the wake of the shootings at Columbine high school in Littleton, Colorado. Criticism of House in decision by United States President Bill Clinton; Poll evidence that shows public backing for stiffer laws; Reasons for why the effect...
- House Tells Gun Conferees To Push Background Checks. // Human Events;08/27/99, Vol. 55 Issue 32, p22
Reports on the move of the United States House in passing a motion sponsored by Representative John Conyers to instruct its conferees on the juvenile crime bill to insist on gun-control provisions. Importance of background checks; Information on the Juvenile Justice Act; Loopholes of the law;...