School lessons in relationships and sex to halt abuse of women
- Agony. Kurtz, Irma // Cosmopolitan;Aug98, Vol. 225 Issue 2, p64
Answers several questions of women regarding sex and relationships. How to deal with sex problems; Problem with an abusive older brother; Obsession with animals.
- Lessons from other women's bad romances. // Glamour;Jun94, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p98
Interviews `Glamour' associate editor Brook Hersey on lessons from women's bad romances. Book `Bad Guys: Women's Tales From the Relationship Front'; Women's severance of ties with abusive partners; Men's reaction to the book.
- Working women. Cones, Bryan // U.S. Catholic;Jan2011, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one on lessons learned from the sex abuse crisis, one on the roles of women in rebuilding their country, and another on an interview with theologian Zeni Fox.
- Drop-everything BEACH READS. Sandiford, Fiona // Cleo;Jan2003, Issue 363, p148
Presents confessions of women regarding their unusual sexual experiences. Involvement in group sex; Addiction to lapdancing; Involvement in lesbian relationship; Emotional abuse.
- Lesbian Battering. Marecek, Mary // Breaking Free from Partner Abuse;1999, p71
This article provides information on women who are being abused by their women partners. Abuse is not confined to heterosexual relationships. Women abuse women. The abuse of women in same-sex relationships is just as painful, hurtful, harmful and dangerous as any other abuse. Many women report...
- Sex education role expansion for school nurses. // Primary Health Care;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the assignment of greater role to school nurses in sex education by the government in Great Britain. Efforts of the government to reduce the incidents of teenage pregnancy; Inadequacy on the lessons on sex and relationship delivered by teachers; Advantages on the assignment of school...
- Lessons learned. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 17 Issue 12, Most Influential... p8
Presents lessons learned by women executives in Indianapolis, Indiana. Need to learn to say no; Importance of balance; Importance of relationships; Influence of school boards.
- Gender Neutral Laws and Heterocentric Policies: 'Domestic Abuse as Gender-Based Abuse' and Same-Sex Couples. Dempsey, Brian // Edinburgh Law Review;Sep2011, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p381
The article discusses the issue of domestic abuse in same-sex relationships and offers a definition analysis of "domestic abuse as gender-based abuse." It references the situation in Scotland, where in 2009/10, hundreds of men and women filed a complaint stating they had experienced physical,...
- Lessons from a brief affair. // Xtra West (Vancouver);1/27/2011, Issue 455, p8
The article offers advice and lessons from a brief same-sex relationship.