GUN CONTROL LEGISLATION
- More Ammunition For Gun Advocates. Schneider, William // National Journal;5/23/2009, p13
The article reports on the U.S. Senate vote to allow visitors to national parks to carry concealed weapons. The vote caused disappointment among supporters of the ban on assault weapons in the country. Gun store operators and ammunition dealer confirmed an increase in gun sales as well as...
- EXERCISING THE RIGHT. Krey, Patrick // New American (08856540);11/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p40
The article offers news briefs related to the lawfulness of carrying firearm in public places in the U.S. It mentions the appeal issued by the U.S. Supreme Court regarding the Williams v. Maryland court case. It relates the impending demonstrations at state universities in Virginia to protest...
- Legal Briefs. HIGHTOWER, CANDICE // Jet;8/12/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 12, p14
The article offers information about U.S. gun legislation since 2013. Pieces of legislation discussed include the U.S. Assault Weapons Ban Bill of 2013, which calls for a nationwide ban on the sale and manufacture of assault weapons; the Florida Mental Health Gun Bill, which bars people...
- THE CASE FOR MORE Guns (AND MORE GUN CONTROL). GOLDBERG, JEFFREY // Atlantic;Dec2012, Vol. 310 Issue 5, p68
The article discusses gun control in the U.S. and argues for a connection between increased access to guns among law-abiding citizens and the prevention of gun violence. The author looks at several shootings such as the 2012 movie theater shooting in Aurora, Colorado and the state's 1999...
- Concealed-Carry Laws Vary Widely. Cate, Melissa S.; Scanlon, Joshua L. // First Reading (Legislative Research Unit);2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p1
A summary is presented of the concealed-carry gun laws in the U.S.
- The futility of gun control. Brown, Susan Stamper // Ellis County Press;8/9/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p3
The author reflects on the ineffectuality of the gun control laws in the U.S., asserting that they are based on the erroneous assumption that criminals will obey the law leaving law-abiding citizens in danger.
- Gun control not dormant any longer. Lillis, Mike // Hill;3/15/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the debate concerning rules for gun control in the U.S.
- TRUE LIES: THE SAD REALITY OF GUN CONTROL. FEIRSTEIN, BRUCE // Vanity Fair;Jun2013, Issue 634, p86
The article offers information on the sad reality of gun control in the U.S. in 2013.
- Is U.S. capable of finding common ground on reducing gun violence? // Inside Tucson Business;1/10/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p14
The author reflects on the need for the U.S. government to find some common ground on reducing gun violence.