South Korea warns North over 'imminent' nuclear test
- Park's warning to Beijing: Seoul will never tolerate Pyongyang having nuclear weapons. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;1/16/2013, p9
The article reports on the warning sent by South Korea Park Geun-Hye to Beijing, China, Pyongyang's only strategic ally, over the development of nuclear weapons in North Korea. President Park states that her country will never tolerate North Korea developing nuclear weapons and will punish the...
- North Korea warns foreigners to flee 'sacred war'. Bo Wilson // Evening Standard;4/9/2013, p22
NORTH Korea today raised its threats of an imminent conflict by warning foreigners to evacuate South Korea to avoid being dragged into a "merciless, sacred, retaliatory war".
- Video footage reveals N. Korea's elaborate nuclear site design; S. Korean commander raises 'pre-emptive strike'. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/6/2013, p11
The article reports on the discovery of North Korea's nuclear test site by Google Earth. It notes that North Korea is believed to have detonated a nuclear device in May 2009 inside a mountain tunnel with a camouflage net over the entrance. It adds that the site aims to foil U.S. intelligence...
- N. Korea Issues Usual Threat. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/ 9/2013, pA01
7 Pyongyang warned of "disastrous consequences" over U.S. naval maneuvers with South Korea. Washington wasn't concerned with the threats and said it was just performing routine port call drills. Also, S. Korea said it confirmed the North has restarted an old nuclear reactor and performed an...
- South and scraps truce N Korea cuts hotline to. Bo Wilson // Evening Standard;3/ 8/2013, p26
NORTH KOREA says it is cutting ties with South Korea after the latest round of UN sanctions over its nuclear test last month.
- Amid another North Korea storm, look who's calm. // Christian Science Monitor;4/ 1/2013, pN.PAG
Since 2005, North Korea has tested three nuclear devices while violating international law with its missile launches. These actions, when linked to its recent high-pitched threats against the United States and South Korea, have evoked fear around the world of imminent war on the Korean Peninsula.
- Seoul warns N. Korea's imminent nuclear test far more consequential than previous detonations. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/6/2013, p10
The article reports on the warning of South Korea on North Korea;s third nuclear test. It notes that Unification Minister Yu Woo-Ik has claimed that the North have the accumulated technology and enough fissile material to produce several nuclear bombs. It adds that South Korea warns that the...
- South Korea on 'vital threat level' as North's missile is ready to fire. Joseph Watts // Evening Standard;4/10/2013, p22
SOUTH KOREA today raised its alert level to "vital threat" amid fears the North has completed preparations for an imminent missile test.
- Pacifying Pyongyang. Kirk, Donald // New Leader;09/20/99, Vol. 82 Issue 11, p6
Examines the understanding of the United States and North Korea in agreeing on issues of non-testing of nuclear war heads and ease trade sanctions. Strategy of North Korea since the end of the Korean War; Threats of nuclear use; Concerns in South Korea over the issue of reconciliation.