Managing Exposure in the New Age of Terrorism
- CLOCK TICKING ON TERROR INSURANCE. Bodamer, David // Retail Traffic;Sep2005, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p107
Reports on the possible end of terrorism insurance in the U.S. Debate on whether or not to extend the 2002 Terrorism Risk Insurance Act; Federal Terrorism Risk Insurance Program.
- Past claim history fails to reflect terrorism risk for airlines: Underwriter. Shapiro, Stacy // Business Insurance;3/20/95, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p63
Reports on the warning issued by a Lloyd's of London aviation hull war risk underwriters on terrorist risk to airlines and airports. Threat of Moslem terrorists to civil aviation; Overall profits of hull war risk coverage.
- Senate Urges Action on TRIA. Kleyman, Dina // Insurance Advocate;7/4/2005, Vol. 116 Issue 14, p5
Reports that the New York Senate has urged the State Congressional delegation to support the extension of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act (TRIA), after it adopted a resolution introduced by Senate Insurance Committee Chairman, James L. Seward. Argumentation of the Senate that TRIA has fostered...
- "It will never happen to me": Why you need to buy terrorism insurance. Wilmot-Smith, Simon // Asia Insurance Review;Nov2009, p90
The article offers information on the importance of terrorism insurance covers in Indonesia in 2009. It states that many insureds are correctly searching Terrorism coverage although there is a trend to believe that it will never happen to a person. It says that there has been a rise in insureds...
- TIME TO MAKE TRIA BACKSTOP PERMANENT. // Business Insurance;3/3/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p0012
The article presents the author's insights on the expiration and extension of terrorism insurance backstop program in the U.S. Discussion and highlights are given on the critical views of the author on the reauthorization of the program on a permanent basis. Also provided is information on the...
- Necessity or Luxury? Insurance. Kovaleski, Dave // Religious Conference Manager;Feb2005, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on the importance of meeting-insurance. Purpose of an event cancellation policy; Issue of revenue protection; Underwriters for organization cancellation and terrorism insurance. INSETS: Meeting-Insurance Terminology;QUICK TIPS.
- The More Things Changeï¿½. Gusman, Phil // Insurance Advocate;1/2/2006, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p4
The article comments on the importance of terrorism risk insurance act in the U.S. The area covered by the insurance act include terrorism and the natural disaster. The effects of the natural disasters leads industries to absorb the damage. Assurance of the insurance companies to serve clients...
- Two-Year TRIA Extension Passes. Rosenfeld, Erika // Insurance Advocate;1/2/2006, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the extension of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act for two more years agreed by the House and Senate and signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. The bills inclusions and limitation are also included in the article. In addition, comments, statements, and reactions of senate...
- No Policy Recommendations On Group Life In TRIA Report. Postal, Arthur D. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/4/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the declaration of the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush that it will give only guarded support for extension of the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act, which expires on December 31, 2005. Industry's awaiting of the mandated report from the Treasury Department for guidance on...