Campaign finance reform: Faulty assumptions and undemocratic consequences
- Candidates get funding. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on a campaign-finance program that allows candidates for state offices in Arizona to choose between traditional fund raising and replacing private donations with public money. Statistics on candidates who were expected to apply for public funding; Sources of money for the program.
- REPUBLICANS CHOSE ICE CREAM OVER BOOZE. // NCADD Washington Report;Sep2000, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on an increase in ice cream social fundraising events for the Republican Party in the United States.
- How to ask for money. Allen, Cathy // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the different aspects of fundraising for election campaign. Factors in which successful fundraising depends; People and committees that could help in the campaign; How to ask people for money; How to deal with questions that prospective donors will ask. INSETS: Hints for high-dollar...
- No place like home. Bocskor, Nancy // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p28
Advises political supporters who are interested in hosting fundraising events in their homes. How to save money in inviting people.
- The guarantee system. Faucheux, Ron // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Apr98, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the `guarantee system,' a way to maximize the amount that prospective contributors will contribute to political campaigns by promising a repayment only if the candidate wins. Rationale of the system; Limitation of the application of the approach; Caution in prearranging a loan process...
- Paying Your Campaign Debts: How To Overcome a Negative Balance After Election Day. Pelletier, Paul J. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Feb2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p35
Offers idea on dealing with campaign debts after election day. Choices in dealing with campaign bills; Steps involved in establishing a fundraising development committee; Considerations in holding an insiders event; Approaches to raising the money needed to pay campaign debts.
- All fun and games. Lee, Elyssa // InStyle;Jul2004, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p118
Focuses on Kids for Kids fund-raiser which took place in New York City.
- Fundraising: Quick tips for candidates. McDevitt, Bob // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Sep96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p50
Offers tips for candidates on fundraising. Hiring of professionals; Simplicity; Depiction of the candidate as fundraiser; Personal relationships.
- Closing the Deal: Ten Fundraising Tips. Pelletier, Paul // Campaigns & Elections (1996);May99, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p56
Presents several fundraising tips for political campaigns. Explanation on the essential part of the solicitation process; How to deal with the attitudes of prospects.
- NORTHERN STARS. Richford, Rhonda // InStyle;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p380
Reports on the Waterkeeper Alliance's annual fund-raiser.