- Renewable Energy Sources. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p285
An almanac entry on the major renewable energy sources available in the U.S. Biomass is plant-derived material usable as a renewable energy source, including wood energy crops such as hybrid poplars and willow trees, agricultural crops including soybeans and corn, and animal and other wastes....
- Development and Prospect of Combined Heat and Power Generation on Renewable Energy. Qiming Li; Dawei Liu; Wenbo Peng; Shisen Xu; Anjun Jin // Sustainable Development (21607540);Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p86
The technology of combined heat and power generation on renewable energy (CHP-RE) is of positive significance for energy saving, environment improving and green economy. Solar energy, geothermal energy and biomass energy are the most potential renewable energies for large scale CHP. This paper...
- Developing Renewable Energies in Iran. Abad, Mohammad Reza Asadi Asad; Moharrampour, Mahdi; Abdollahian, Heidar; Ali, Masoumeh Shir; Mohagheghzadeh, Fatemeh // International Journal of Energy, Information & Communications;May2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p17
Destructible fuels, variety to energy resources developing constantly and secure the energy, ecosystem problems due to the consumption of clean fuel energy and being renewable energy sources like solar, wind, biomass and etc caused a global attention to expand and developed the consumption of...
- "A STUDY OF SOLAR ENERGY RESOURCES IN INDIA". Kokare, K. V.; Pailwan, Pratibha B. // Indian Streams Research Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p72
Renewable energy is energy which comes from natural resources such as sunlight wind rain tides and geothermal heat, which are renewable naturally replenished. About 16% of global final energy consumption comes form biomass with 10% coming from traditional biomass which is mainly used for heating...
- Research and Conclusions of Legal and Economic Feasibility of Renewable Energy in Romania. VAC, Călin; ARION, Felix; SâNă, Sonia; SCRIDON, Simion // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2012, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p337
Base materials used in our research are legal documents of the Romanian and European legislation specific renewable energy field, which define the legal, economic and financial framework and have been applied on four specific case studies (investment projects): production of wind, solar or...
- Santa Monica makes leap to renewable energy. // In Business;May/Jun99, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
Reports on Santa Monica, California's switch to renewable energy to power its municipal needs. Geothermal sources of electricity; Cost savings from the use of renewable energy.
- Geothermal Power. // Monkeyshines on America;Nov99 Alternative Energy Sources, p25
Discusses facts about an alternative form of energy source called geothermal power. Process of generating geothermal power; Environmental impact of geothermal power.
- Virginia Tech aims for the sky to win Solar Decathlon. // American Ceramic Society Bulletin;Sep2009, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p13
The article reports that Virginia Tech's zeroenergy home, Lumenhaus, is completely powered by sun and geothermal energy which also features other passive energy systems made from renewable and recyclable sources.
- Clarifying Geothermal Terminology. // National Driller;Mar2010, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article presents the author's insights on the two distinct origins that defines the meaning of geothermal in connection with energy.