Health care leadershin endowment
- A Bluegrass Refunding. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;08/24/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30961, p1
Reports on Louisville, Kentucky-based Norton Healthcare Inc.'s plan to refinance $400 million of outstanding bonds in September 2000. Company's efforts to strengthen its balance sheet; Hospitals' use of refinancing to preserve profitability.
- Competitors bulk up buying power. BARR, PAUL // Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2014, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the collaboration of Louisville, Kentucky-based health systems Norton Healthcare Inc. and Baptist Health to increase savings through combining and standardizing purchases for selected supplies.
- UL, Norton approve hospital partnership. // AHA News;8/26/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the partnership between Norton Healthcare and the University of Louisville in Kentucky to create a cancer hospital in Louisville. Details of the plans with regard to the creation of the hospital.
- Making room for more beds. Romano, Michael // Modern Healthcare;3/17/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on the efforts of acute-care hospitals to provide more rooms for hospital beds to accommodate the increased inpatient capacity in the U.S. as of March 2003. Examples of their unconventional efforts and traditional expansion projects; Increase in the number of license bed count in 2001;...
- Norton Healthcare and Humana to Form an ACO. // Health Data Management;Feb2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p22
The article reports that Norton Healthcare and Humana Inc. will use Microsoft Corp.'s Amalga data integration and aggregation software and HealthVault personal health records applications to support the establishment of Accountable Care Organization (ACO) which includes payment mechanisms to...
- Kentucky Wildcats' Endowment Posts 11.6% Return. Giardina, Michael // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;9/13/2013, p6
The article reports on the 11.6% return posted by University of Kentucky's endowment fund for the annual period that ended in June 2013 amid a surging equity market. Investment performance for the year 2013 was reviewed by the university's Investment Committee. Information on the revised asset...
- Make Mine Mint. Wilts, Amanda // Louisville Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p15
The article reports on launch of a cocktail called Mintopolitan at Mint Jubilee 2003 to be held May 2, 2003, at Kentucky-based Kentucky International Convention Center's Cascade Ballroom. In 1997, Matt Battaglia, who lost his mother to cancer in 1993, and brothers Chris and Tom Thieneman founded...
- Regional News: SOUTH. // Modern Healthcare;12/19/2005, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p20
The article presents news briefs on hospitals in the southern states in the U.S. as of December 2005. The Arlington Memorial Hospital in Texas plans to build a surgical hospital which is scheduled to begin construction in February 2006. Norton Healthcare applied for a state certificate-of-need...
- Spirited contest. // Modern Healthcare;9/25/2006, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p36
The article provides information on a hospital-naming contest launched by Norton Healthcare in Louisville, Kentucky. Norton held a contest to find just the right moniker for a new 127-bed acute-care hospital in the Old Brownsboro Crossing development in the northeast section of Jefferson County....