McConnell pushes against campaign finance reform
- One man's dairy product. Trillin, Calvin; August, Melissa // Time;2/24/1997, Vol. 149 Issue 8, p19
Opinion. Discusses how the author responded when Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky stated that Americans spend less money on political campaigns than they do on yogurt. The idea of purchasing yogurt to receive preferential treatment; The money required for access to politicians; The idea...
- Not dead yet. // Progressive;Apr97, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p9
Presents information about the campaign-finance reform. Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky's opposition to the bill; What the real reform means according to the Public Campaign group; Basis of the campaign-finance initiatives; How campaign-finance becomes an unavoidable issue in...
- Untitled. McConnell, Mitch // National Review;12/22/1997, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p38
A quote by U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) about campaign fund reform is presented.
- Bitterest foe of fund-raising overhaul draws his sword. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;10/19/99, Vol. 91 Issue 226, p1
Looks at the efforts of Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell to defeat a ban on so-called soft money donations in political campaigns.
- Katzenberg's Sphere of Influence. Daunt, Tina // Hollywood Reporter;11/15/2013, Issue 40, p24
The article offers a look at the influence of Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer (CEO) of animation studio DreamWorks Animation in the entertainment industry as evidenced by his raising of funds for Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes' effort to unseat Kentucky Republican Senator Mitch...
- Constitutional avenger takes on reformers. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;9/30/97, Vol. 89 Issue 214, p1
Profiles Mitch McConnell, a senator from Kentucky. His efforts to defeat attempts at campaign finance reform; His opposition to the McCain-Feingold bill; His history of defeating reform attempts; How he is viewed by other senators; What the McCain-Feingold bill would do and why McConnell is...
- KENTUCKY. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Oct2007, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p22
The article reports that Kentucky State Attorney General Greg Stumbo has formed an exploratory committee for a possible challenge to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. Stumbo, who ran unsuccessfully for lieutenant governor in the spring of 2008, has said that he is still undecided, but...
- GALATIA HOSTS POLITICAL FUNDRAISER FOR MCCONNELL. // Coal Age;Nov2001, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p11
Reports that American Coal Co. hosted a campaign fund-raising banquet for United States Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) in Harrisburg, Illinois. Number of people who attended the event; Views of McConnell on the coal industry.
- A DIRTY bit. Marshall, Anne // Louisville Magazine;Mar2014, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
The article focuses on the funds raised for a Super PAC supporting Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's reelection and his opponent Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes in the U.S.