BRAZIL BECOMES AN IMMIGRATION DESTINATION
- Caught in a revolving door: Japan's migrants. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;11/18/98, Vol. 90 Issue 248, p7
Describes the plight of Japanese-Brazilians who emigrated to Japan but are now returning to Brazil. Connections between the two countries; Japanese-Brazilians called dekasseguis; Problem of high unemployment in both countries; Number of dekasseguis in Japan in 1997; How Brazil's press covers...
- As the Chance for Comprehensive Reform Fades, DREAMers Face a Tough Choice. Margolis, Jason // La Prensa San Diego;1/3/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p6
A reprint of the article "As the Chance for Comprehensive Reform Fades, DREAMers Face a Tough Choice" by Jason Margolis, which appeared from source of the PRI Public Radio International organization.
- The politics of immigration. MELLMAN, MARK S. // Hill;7/ 3/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 80, p13
The article offers the author's insights about the political aspects of immigration.
- Should foreigners be required to register with the government? Keeley, John; Eltantawi, Sarah // New York Times Upfront;3/7/2003, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p20
Discusses whether foreigners should be required to register with the U.S. government. History of the registration of aliens; Overview of a study on the immigration status of foreign-born, militant Islamic terrorists; Disadvantages of requiring foreigners from certain countries to register with...
- Immigration Reform session draws 800 participants. Skok, Mark // La Prensa San Diego;4/26/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 17, p1
The article offers information on immigration reform session that was attended by 800 people was held in North County, California on April 22, 2013.
- Obama hands off push on immigration reform. Parnes, Amie; Berman, Russell // Hill;7/ 3/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 80, p1
The article reports on the decision of U.S. President Barack Obama not launch an aggressive public push to pressure House Republicans to move on immigration reform
- No pressure on GOP to tackle immigration. Berman, Russell // Hill;7/ 3/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 80, p5
The article reports on the claim of the U.S. House Republicans that they are not feeling pressure to tackle comprehensive immigration reform.
- House Immigration Reform Part-III 2013. Nachman, David; Phulwani, Michael // News India Times;9/6/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 36, p32
The article offers news briefs related to immigration in the U.S. including the passage of the House of Representative (H.R.) 1417, the huge amount of money spent in immigration enforcement, and the flaws of the Strengthen and Fortify Enforcement (SAFE) Act.
- They forget the 'Why?'. Chandler, Bill // Jackson Advocate;6/13/2013, Vol. 75 Issue 36, p4A
The article discusses the comprehensive immigration reform as a new way to re-legislate very old policies.