- Banish Bullying. // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2004, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p17
Offers tips for parents and child victims to put an end to bullying in the U.S. schools.
- Talking About Bullying. Ateah, Roxie // Life Learning Magazine;Nov/Dec2012, p24
A personal narrative is presented in which the author discusses the relationship between bullying and child abuse for both its victims and survivors.
- Tolerance of Abuse. Maldonado, Karen // Teen Ink;Sep2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
In this article, the author focuses on ending of bullying by acting against child abuse rather than tolerating it.
- Action to challenge bullying. // Children & Young People Now;9/21/2010, p30
The article offers information on the Anti-Bullying Week to be hosted by the Anti-Bullying Alliance (ABA), the leading anti-bullying coalition, in Great Britain from November 15-19, 2010. It states that the event will highlight the need for people to work together to stop the bullying of...
- Bullying -- Like Father Like Son? The contentious findings of a year long study. Henry, Sally // Education Journal;May2004, Issue 77, p23
Discusses the results of several studies on school bullying in Great Britain. Dichotomous traits of victims and bullies; Role of self-image in bullying behavior; Tendency of disrupted marriage to generate problems that facilitate child abuse.
- October is Bullying Prevention Month. Experts Say Prevention Should Focus on Early Childhood. // Curriculum Review;Oct2015, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p11
The article discusses experts suggestion that bullying prevention should focus on early childhood based on a study conducted by the National Survey of Children's Exposure to Violence that found that 20.4 percent of children ages 2-5 had experienced bullying in their lifetime. Key factors that...
- Sticks, Stones -- and Words -- Can Hurt. // Ascribe Newswire: Health;3/16/2004, p8
The article focuses on verbal and physical harassment that happens more frequently than one might think in playgrounds. It can happen as often as once every five minutes, according to Wichita State University child psychologist Jim Snyder. In a study published in the journal Child Development,...
- Weekly Debates -- Westminster. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;11/11/2013, Issue 629, p1
The article offers information on the weekly parliamentary debates in Great Britain about education, children's services and training issues, published from November 4-8, 2012. The debates in the House of Lords and the House of Commons deal with issues such as employment for military leavers,...
- The Role and Meaning of School Counseling when Dealing with Peer Violence. Krečič, Marija Javornik; Kovše, Suzana; Virtič, Mateja Ploj // Croatian Journal Educational / Hrvatski Casopis za Odgoj I Obraz;2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p521
The subject of discussion is peer violence and the role of school counselors when dealing with this problem. The first part of the article gives a definition of peer violence as it applies to the role of the school counselor when dealing with peer violence. The second part of the article shows...