Govt closes Credit Guarantee Scheme
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE NEWS. // Credit Management;Jan/Feb2016, p37
The article offers global business news briefs as of January 1, 2016. Topics discussed include the results of a study by trade insurance company Euler Hermes UK, citing that exporters could suffer higher cost for trade finance as market demand for higher interest rate, the efforts of U.S....
- Bank on changes. Gilchrist, Chris // Money Marketing;12/16/2010, p24
In this article the author discusses how the banking sector in Great Britain should address the early stages of a major reform in the country's financial system.
- Rise in bank levy puts UK banks at global disadvantage. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;3/24/2011, p7
The article reports on the long-term disadvantage faced by the banks in Great Britain due to the increase of the bank levy from 2012.
- Thinktank say TSC probe on banking lacks diversity. Tolley, Steve // Money Marketing;1/13/2011, p12
The article reports that the Treasury select committee (TSC) investigation into competition and choice in the banking sector lacks diversity as mentioned by thinktank New Economics Foundation in Great Britain.
- Banks. // Third Sector;2010 Suppliers Guide, p21
A directory of banks in Great Britain is presented, which includes Barclays Plc, Barclays Wealth and BNP Paribas Real Estate.
- British banks spread their services. D.O'S. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/14/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p10
Reports on the venture of British banks in the Middle East in other lucrative businesses. Barclays Bank; HSBC Holdings; Standard Chartered Bank; Offer of services to the retail sector; Arrangement and underwriting of securities issues. INSET: Selected UK banks in the Middle East..
- Coalition urges support for social lenders. Ainsworth, David // Third Sector;6/1/2010, Issue 617, p4
The article reports that Better Banking, a coalition of charities in Great Britain, urges the government to formulate a community reinvestment act for commercial lenders.
- 'Do more on electronic giving.'. Hudson, Sophie // Third Sector;6/14/2011, Issue 664, p5
The article reports that The Philanthropy Review will urge British banks to do more to enable electronic giving, according to Matthew Bowcock, chair of the Community Foundation Network.
- Cut through the complexity. Fox, Richard // Money Marketing;7/7/2011, p44
In this article the author shares his views regarding the financial dowturn that affects banking industry in Great Britain which led to significant political interference in the business models followed with specific targets for lending to support economic growth.