Springfield Literacy Project finds new home and funding
- youthreach. // American Libraries;Nov81, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p645
Reports on developments relevant to library outreach and literacy programs in the U.S. as of November 1981. Summer Monopoly tournament sponsored by the Smithtown Library in New York City; Celebration of the 100th anniversary of the publication of Carlo Collodi's book 'Pinocchio,' by the Boise...
- YOUTHREACH. // American Libraries;Feb80, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p119
Reports on developments relevant to library literacy and outreach programs for the youth in the U.S. as of February 1980. In-service training for library staff who work with teenage library users; Grants-in-aid for qualified scholars whose research requires the use of the University of...
- youth reach. // American Libraries;Apr83, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p234
Reports on several youth literacy programs organized by libraries in the U.S. as of April 1983. Key features of the programs; Benefits for participants; Range of library materials used in the literacy programs.
- Developing Library Links for Life. Sawa, Maureen // Orana;Nov2000, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p10
Describes the development of an effective and dynamic public library outreach program to meet the needs of Canadian children and their families who are at risk of not developing early literacy skills. Specific proposals for the program; Goal of the 'Library Links for Life' (LLL); Funding and...
- 'Babywise' and toys develop literacy skills. Ponish, Karen // American Libraries;Sep87, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p709
Features the children's department of the Howard County Library in Maryland. Literacy programs for children; Outreach programs; Range of library services for children.
- 'My Turn' boosts teen self-esteem. Dunmore, Angela J.; Hardiman, Karen Cropsey // American Libraries;Oct87, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p786
Reports on the literacy and outreach programs of the National City Public Library in California. After-school tutoring; Cooperative initiatives with public schools; Recruitment of student tutors for educational programs.
- College library goes mobile! Debenham, Nicole; Davis, Rebecca // inCite;Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p21
The article offers information on the implementation of the Mobile Library Service at Blacktown College in Blacktown, New South Wales. It discusses the challenges faced in the implementation of the service, as well as its achievements and the opportunities it offered for students. The Mobile...
- youthreach. // American Libraries;Jan84, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p49
Reports on developments concerning library outreach and literacy programs in the U.S. as of January 1984. Sound and slide shows to put some fun into library skills classes; Nominations for the 1984 Pannell Award for booksellers; Board game on library skills.
- Executive Director's Note Busy-ness as Usual? Strittmatter, Aimee // Children & Libraries: The Journal of the Association for Library;Winter2009, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p2
The author reflects on the busy month of December. She reveals that her favorite springtime is Dia which spreads joy by linking children from all languages and cultures with books everyday. The author encourages to share Dia stories because it is a wonderful model for engaging diverse...