The summer of reform
- Campaign finance: Two pretty promising proposals. Taylor Jr., Stuart // National Journal;7/18/98, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p1663
Focuses on the campaign finance proposals in the United States Congress. Congressmen supporting the proposals; Risk posed the proposals; Constitutional parameters for campaign finance.
- Republicans out on the Street. Regnier, Pat // Money;Dec1999, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p38
Discusses why presidential candidate George W. Bush will have a delicate time raising money on Wall Street. The obscure federal regulation that covers investment bankers donating money to a politician; How the rule will affect New York City mayor, Rudy Giuliani; Why Bill Bradley will not have...
- Shouting 'Souter' in a Crowded Theater. Coulter, Ann // Human Events;7/2/2001, Vol. 57 Issue 25, p6
Comments on campaign finance laws in the United States (U.S.) as they relate to majority opinions written by U.S. Justice David Hackett Souter on the issue. Decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on campaign finance; Relation of campaign contribution and political spending with the First...
- New Campaign Rules: Stay Away. Tumulty, Karen // Time;4/29/2002, Vol. 159 Issue 17, p24
Discusses how the McCain-Feingold U.S. campaign-finance law is affecting politicians as they begin election campaigns. Prohibition against using soft money; Way that the law affects political parties; Concerns that the new law will disconnect politicians from their home states.
- Dinesh D'Souza Is Winning. van Zuylen-Wood, Simon // National Journal;9/13/2014, p2
The article features filmmaker and author Dinesh D'Souza and his hobby in political terms. Topics discussed a book he published considered heretical to people across the political spectrum, his legal problem after pleading guilty to a campaign finance violation where he funneled 20,000 U.S....
- Untitled. McAvoy, Kim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p51
Reports on the lack of consensus in the Congress regarding campaign finance reform legislation. Senate campaign bill proposals.
- NAB blasts campaign ad plan. KM // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p14
Reports on the hostile reaction of the National Association of Broadcasters to President Bill Clinton's campaign finance reform package that opens up the airwaves to all candidates. Lower rates for radio and television airtime; Senate candidates' broadcast time rate; House candidates' free...
- Basic Current Law. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p197
Discusses the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 which established regulations on the financing of election campaigns and the amendment to the Act which created the Federal Election Commission.
- Evolution of Federal Election Campaign laws. // Congressional Digest;Aug/Sep88, Vol. 67 Issue 8/9, p196
Lists a number of laws enacted by Congress from 1867-1988 relative to financing Federal election campaigns.