Social Network Sites and Its Popularity
- Design and Implementation of an Android Based Contact Control Service. Yong Min Ko; Dong Kyun Lim; Byong Seok Min // International Journal of Control & Automation;Jun2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p229
In the recent years, as smart phones popularized, the number of people who use IMS (instant messaging service) and SNS (social network service) rapidly has increased as the usage of SMS (short message service) relatively decreased. That is why this thesis suggests a contact control service based...
- PERAMON INTRODUCES STANDARDS-BASED IMPS FOR MOBILE DEVICES. // Telephone IP News;Mar2003, Vol. 14 Issue 3, pN.PAG
Reports on the end-to-end Instant Messaging and Presence Solution (IMPS) Mobilizer Messenger Solution introduced by Peramon Technology Ltd. Features of the product; Availability of the product; Background on Peramon.
- Complicating contexts: Issues of methodology in researching the language and literacies of instant messaging. Jacobs, Gloria E. // Reading Research Quarterly;Oct-Dec2004, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p394
THIS COMMENTARY discusses the methodological challenges of researching the intersection of online and offline activities of an adolescent girl engaged in instant messaging. If the New Literacy Studies stance that literacy practices are locally situated is accepted, a methodology for...
- New speak. // Dolly;Feb2008, Issue 448, p141
The article presents the meaning of the word communicate, a verb that pertains to the act of communicating by e-mail or instant messaging with someone sitting in the same room.
- Labs answers IM questions. // eWeek;4/14/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p55
This article answers questions related to instant messaging (IM) in the business enterprise. One of the key benefits of IM is presence-based communication, which tells you when a person you're trying to contact is available and willing to engage in conversation. IM systems that offer file...
- Requirements of Net Generation towards university libraries in Sri Lanka. Mashroofa, M. M. // Journal of University Librarians Association of Sri Lanka;Jul2012, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p101
At present academic libraries have a trend to introduce innovative services in par with developing technologies as well as the different aspirations of Net Generation. This study aims to explore the characteristics of Net Generation, their help seeking preferences, information behaviours and...
- 2 rules for instant messaging. // Communication Briefings;May2013, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p2
The article discusses two etiquette rules on the use of instant messaging in the workplace, adapted from the article "Eight Simple Rules of Skype Etiquette" by Liam Dempsey.
- NatWest Intermediary Solutions extends LiveTALK opening times. Thomas, Paul // Mortgage Strategy (Online Edition);7/1/2013, p6
The article reports on the move of NatWest Intermediary Solutions to extend the opening times of LiveTALK, its broker instant messaging service, by 45 minutes to 6:00 in the evening.
- Guess Who Just Read Your Instant Message? Lawless, Don // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/31/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p24
The article reports on the emergence of instant messaging as a communication method of choice for business people. Among the advantages of instant messaging is the satisfaction of knowing that the person one needs to contact is available and it allows for immediate feedback. The article also...