- EDITORIAL STATEMENT. Knupfer, Nancy Nelson // Journal of Visual Literacy;Autumn2001, Vol. 21 Issue 2, pvi
The article focuses on the informational background, its mission and developmental plan of the "Journal of Visual Literacy" (JVL). It states that JVL, which publishes biannually, is the official journal of International Visual Literacy Association Inc. (IVLA). It publishes diverse articles from...
- EDITORIAL STATEMENT. Moore, David Richard // Journal of Visual Literacy;Autumn2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p106
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses several topics addressed in several articles in the issue including film, information design, and classroom practice, mentions the International Visual Literacy Association (IVLA), and encourages submissions to the journal.
- Who Is Skipping Rope? Alan, H. M. // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p22
Presents a counting game for children aimed at developing visual literacy.
- SPECIAL DELIVERY. Hienz, Bronte // Humpty Dumpty's Magazine;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p30
Presents an educational game for children aimed at improving their visual literacy.
- Cover Page. // Journal of Visual Literacy;Spring2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, preceding piii
The table of contents for the April 2000 issue of "The Journal of Visual Literacy," is presented.
- EDITORIAL DISCUSSION. Knupfer, Nancy Nelson // Journal of Visual Literacy;Spring2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, pviii
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the formal-aesthetic and critical-cultural approaches in teaching visual literacy by Luis Abraham and importance of verbal and literacy education to women by Lydia Dambekalns.
- VISUAL LITERACY NEEDED IN THE 21ST CENTURY. Hoffmann, Gregg // ETC: A Review of General Semantics;Summer2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p219
Examines the importance of visual literacy as a requirement for clear thinking in the 21st century. Impact of a picture on the human abstracting system; Intent of political propaganda, advertising and other media products.
- Cover Page. // Journal of Visual Literacy;Spring2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, preceding piii
A drawing of a logic block is presented.
- Editorial Statement. Moore, David Richard // Journal of Visual Literacy;Spring2012, Vol. 31 Issue 1, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the journal's process of selecting articles, information on submitting manuscripts, and the journal's new editors are discussed.