Board members should pay for failed banks, says think tank
- Board members should pay for failed banks, says think tank. Dale, Sam // Fundweb;9/21/2012, p20
The article reports on the opposition of Adam Smith Institute against bailouts for banks for its risky behavior.
- Barone: Letting the Unregulated Bail Out the Regulated? Barone, Michael // U.S. News Digital Weekly;3/27/2009, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p23
The author criticizes the proposal for hedge funds and private equity firms to bail out banks with the help of the U.S. government.
- Bank Risk of Failure and the Too-Big-to-Fail Policy. Ennis, Huberto M.; Malek, H. S. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Spring2005, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the bank risk of failure and the policy regarding a government bailout in the U.S. Effect of the expectation of contingent bailouts on the economy; Reason for the deterioration of the government bailout policy or the too-big-to-fail (TBTF) policy; Important features that tend to...
- Winner Takes All. Brown, Ellen // Green Social Thought: A Magazine of Synthesis & Regeneration;Fall2013, Issue 62, p33
The article focuses on taxpayer bailouts to save bank from bankruptcy and the super-priority status for derivatives. It says that banks are instructed to recapitalize through confiscation of their creditor's funds when the governments are no longer willing to utilize taxpayer money for bail...
- TD Bank Closes 32 Branches Across N.J. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p2
The article announces the plan of TD Bank to close 32 branches in New Jersey. The plan is to close branches by the end of 2008, but there is no plan to lay off employees. Rebecca Acevedo, TD's media relation officer, stated that the closings were due to duplication of TD and Commerce locations....
- Board members should pay for failed banks, says think tank. Dale, Samuel // Money Marketing (Online Edition);9/21/2012, p18
The article reports on the concerns expressed by the Adam Smith Institute (ASI) regarding the risky consequences of a bank regulation in Great Britain in 2012. According to the ASI, the only way to address the risk in the banking industry is to let top executives become liable for losses. It...
- Adam Smith report paints privatised future. Ryle, Sarah // Public Finance;4/8/94, p5
Reports on the recommendation of London, England-based Adam Smith Institute for privatization. Closure of several government departments; procedure for privatization.
- Leader. // Public Finance;4/8/94, p5
Criticizes the suggestion of the Adam Smith Institute for privatizations as utopian. Institute's advocacy for a free-market thinking; Concern of public accountants of Great Britain.
- Clubs are over the moon. // Accountancy;May98, Vol. 121 Issue 1257, p17
Reports that people in Great Britain will have to work additional days to pay their taxes, according to the Adam Smith Institute.