- SURPRISE: SALARY HIKES FIZZLED IN 2001. // Circulation Management;May2002, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the decrease in salary hikes for U.S. consumer and business-to-business magazine circulators in 2001. Business experience of magazine circulators with the highest average increase; Nature of the job consumer marketing directors; Salary ranges for circulation managers.
- Editorial Salary Survey 2001. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p33
Presents the results of a 2001 survey on the salaries of magazine editors in the United States. Decrease in compensation due to the collapse of the Internet start-ups, a highly competitive advertising market and widespread layoffs; Estimated earnings of some high-profile editors;...
- ART DIRECTORS' RAISES REFLECT BROADER ROLE. Moseley, Bob; Jenkins, Caroline // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p55
Discusses the results of the 'Folio: 2001 Production Salary Survey' conducted in the United States. Salary increase for art directors; Expansion of art directors' job responsibilities; Production executive lay-offs; Average base salaries of magazine production workers; Comparison of salaries by...
- BOOKS IN ENGLISH CANADA: 1971. Vickers, Reg; Inness, Lorna; Fotheringham, Alan; Laidlaw, Max; French, William; Dobbs, Kildare // Books in Canada;Jan/Feb73, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p5
Presents the literary reflections of book columnists and editors about books in English Canada in 1972. Evidence that Canada's nationalistic young publishers and its Royal Commission on book publishing showed the way for the bookselling business; Popularity of bestsellers to readers; Salary...
- THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun97, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p9
Highlights the condition of underpaid young employees in the publishing industry in Canada. Slim chances of promotion for young and talented employees; Maternity benefit to women employees; Comparison of young employees' problems with those of senior employees.
- Where the money is. Pollack, Joe // St. Louis Journalism Review;Sep2004, Vol. 34 Issue 269, p7
Reports that the Newspaper Industry Comprehensive Survey found that the largest wage increases in 2003 went to general managers, followed by publishers. Salaries of reporters.
- The 2013 Audience Dovelopment Salary Survey. RONDON, MICHAEL // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2013 Supplement Audience Development, p18
The article focuses on the salary trend of the audience development departments in the periodical publishing sector in 2013 in the U.S. It notes the result of the 2013 Audience Development Salary Survey, which indicates important factors that determine compensation. They survey also reveals that...
- Salary by Category: Circulation Director or Top Circulation Executive. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2013 Supplement Audience Development, p19
The article reports update on the salaries for circulation directors and top executives in the publishing industry in the U.S. in 2012. It notes the significant disparity of salaries among circulation executives. It also mentions the factors that contribute to the volatile condition of the...
- Salary by Category: Audience Development Manager/Director. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Dec2013 Supplement Audience Development, p20
The article reports update on the salaries for audience department managers and directors in the publishing industry in the U.S. in 2013. It notes the 10 percent decrease of compensation for managers and directors due to the industry's flat performance since 2011. It also provides charts that...