IMPACT OF SOCIAL NETWORKING WEBSITES ON GENERATION Y: EMPERICAL FINDINGS FROM SELENGOR, MALAYSIA
- College Student Knowledge Of Chambers Of Commerce: A Further Look. Lacho, Kenneth J.; Lillian Yee-Man Fok; Zee, Susan M. L. // Leadership & Organizational Management Journal;2015, Vol. 2015 Issue 1, p27
This study examines the knowledge of college students about chambers of commerce. The overall knowledge of chambers of commerce was low. There was little difference in the level of knowledge according to sex, level in college, or work experience. An important issue facing chambers of commerce...
- One Teenager's Advice to Adults on How to Avoid Being Creepy on Facebook. Koerwer, Scott // Computers in Libraries;Sep2007, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p40
The author reflects on issues related to Facebook, an online social network. He discusses his involvement with Facebook when the Web site was still limited to college students. According to the author, there is no reason why a medium like Facebook could not work for librarians' purposes, if they...
- Net Worth. Corcoran, Cate // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;WWDFast, Vol. 193 Issue 89, p44
The article focuses on the attitude of U.S. college students towards social networking sites. College students are searching for smaller sites of all kinds, including niche social networking sites, which are proliferating, says Sharon Lee, co-founder and co-president of Look-Look Inc. MySpace is...
- PÃ¡ginas web. // Cuadernos de PedagogÃa;sep2013, Issue 437, p87
No abstract available.
- Sites help students build portfolios. South, Jeff // Quill;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the proliferation of web sites that offer an opportunity for journalism students to build their portfolios. The emergence of the Internet is cited as the reason for the emergence of sites that can be of significance to fledgling and veteran journalists. Among them are...
- Posting With a Purpose. Chilingerian, Natasha // Credit Union Times;10/10/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p13
The article presents information regarding the importance of social media in professional as well as personal lives of Generation Y people.
- up close. // Government Technology;Oct2010, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p50
The article describes the characteristics of employees who are considered to be part of the Net generation which uses different computer applications and takes advantage of social networks to get information.
- MySpace and Facebook: Applying the Uses and Gratifications Theory to Exploring Friend-Networking Sites. Raacke, John; Bonds-Raacke, Jennifer // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Apr2008, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p169
The increased use of the Internet as a new tool in communication has changed the way people interact. This fact is even more evident in the recent development and use of friend-networking sites. However, no research has evaluated these sites and their impact on college students. Therefore, the...
- Online Social Networking and the Academic Achievement of University Students -- The experience of selected Nigerian Universities. Adenubi, Onasanya Samuel; Yahya, Saheed Olalekan; Afolabi, Akingbemisilu Abiola; Ayelaagbe, Sina Opeoluwa // Information & Knowledge Management (2224-896X);2013, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p109
The main objective of this study was to investigate the relationship between online social networking and the academic achievement of students in universities in Kwara State. The study also investigated the number of social networking sites students subscribe to, the number of social networking...