To tackle health care's thorniest problems, 400 health researchers form new U-Mbased institute
- Population Health and Accountable Care Organizations. Sanford, Eric D.; Handley, Margaret A.; Noble, Douglas J.; Casalino, Lawrence P. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;7/17/2013, Vol. 310 Issue 3, p323
A letter to the editor is presented in response an article related to public health research, published in the previous issue and response from the author is also presented.
- Botswana to launch health hub with support of Swiss NGO. // Africa Health;Nov2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p9
The article focuses on the move of the Botswana Innovation Hub and the Geneva, Switzerland-based Council on Health Research for Development to sign a memorandum of understanding in promoting health research and development in Botswana.
- New U-M Injury Center Strengthens Capacity in Injury Research. // UMTRI Research Review;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the development of the University of Michigan (UM) Injury Center in Ann Arbor that aims to promote innovative methods, programs and policies to prevent injuries and violence and is formed through the partnership between the UM Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI), UM...
- IMPACT OF HEALTH AND HEALTH RELATED VARIABLES ON DEMAND FOR PUBLIC HEALTH IN TAMILNADU. THAIYALNAYAKI, T. // International Journal of Economic Research;Dec2012, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p277
The health infrastructure is an important determinant of the demand for public health services. Studies carried out in the area of access to public-health could come out with the major conclusion that the demand for public health is being determined by the availability of public health...
- RETAIL CLINICS. // Trustee;Mar2008, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p4
The article focuses on the growing number of retail clinics in the U.S. According to a study conducted by the University of Michigan Health System, in the summer of 2007, retail clinics amounted to 300 nationwide. It is anticipated that 2,000 of these will open this 2008. Lee Scott, chief...
- UMHS set to 'transform' IT use at U-M hospitals. // Medical Device Daily;7/23/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 142, p4
The article reports on the project undertaken by the University of Michigan Health System in July 2010 which is geared toward the leveraging of information technology use by physicians, nurses and other health care providers and administrators.
- CON Report. Broda, Natalie // Crain's Detroit Business;8/18/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p0012
The article discusses applications filed for a certificate of need for health facilities like the Providence Hospital and Medical Center in Southfield, Michigan, and includes decisions made for the Romeo Nursing Center and the University of Michigan Health System in Michigan.
- UM medical system plans ambitious future. Bailey, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p1
Reports that University of Michigan Health System in Detroit, Michigan is planning to open several health facilities in the area. Intended purpose for university's move; Development projects which has been granted conceptual approval by the University of Michigan board of regents; Overview on...
- CON report. Vis, Bridget // Crain's Detroit Business;5/19/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p0015
The article reports on the certificate of need (CON) filings to the state of Michigan made by several health care facilities including Providence Hospital and Medical Center, University of Michigan Health System, and Prime Healthcare Services from April 15 to May 12, 2014.