DEFINING AN EMPIRE
- Roman on show in Gloucester. // Cabinet Maker;8/30/2002, Issue 5302, p24
Looks at the display of a first century A.D. Roman wall at the Gloucester Furniture Exhibition Center in England.
- AS MURALHAS ROMANAS DO PORTO: UM BALANï¿½O ARQUEOLï¿½GICO. Silva, Ant�nio Manuel S. P. // Portugï¿½lia;2010/2011, Vol. 31/32, p43
The article discusses Roman walls of ancient Oporto town, settled on Cathedral hill from Late Bronze Age, according to archaeological data produced during latest decades, mainly as a result of the continuous rescue and field evaluation policy Town Hall has developed through its former Urban...
- 48 HOURS IN CHESTER. Davis, Carol // In Britain;Dec2006/Jan2007, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p38
The article presents the author's comments on her two days visit to the city Chester in England. It is reported that the city is enclosed by Great Britain's most complete circuit of medieval and Roman walls. The article includes information on some favorite tourists' spots in the city. The...
- Roman wall fountain. Kirchwey, Karl // New Criterion;Sep2013, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p32
The poem "Roman wall fountain" by Karl Kirchwey is presented. First Line: This is the one; Last Line: the sweetest water is the most obscure.
- The Rain in Rome. Romey, Kristin M. // Archaeology;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p20
Reports that storm in May 2001 was blamed for the collapse of the Aurelian Wall in Rome, Italy. Other historical sites in which the storm was blamed for their collapse.
- Roman Walls. Harvey, Dennis // Variety Movie Reviews;10/30/2000, Issue 285, p1
The article reviews the film "Roman Walls/Muri Romani," directed by Jon Jost
- THE ANCIENT ROMAN WALLS. Šteger, Aleš // Field (00150657);Fall2015, Issue 93, p43
The poem "The Ancient Roman Walls" by AleÅ¡ Å teger and translated by Brian Henry and UrÅ¡ka Charney is presented. First Line: The ancient Roman walls. Opus mixtum. Still some still. It still; Last Line: as long as there's still a little palate.
- Stratigraphic investigation of wall painting fragments from Roman villas of the Sabina area. Paladini, Alessandra; Toschi, Francesco; Colosi, Francesca; Rubino, Gianluca; Santoro, Paola // Applied Physics A: Materials Science & Processing;Jan2015, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p131
A number of plaster fragments of Roman wall paintings have been investigated through micro-Raman and laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy in order to characterize the different layers of paint. The samples come from two Roman villas in the Sabina area, a countryside close to Rome. The two sets...
- The Antonine Wall at New Kilpatrick Cemetery, Bearsden. KEPPIE, LAWRENCE // Scottish Archaeological Journal;Oct2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1/2, p49
This paper examines two stretches of the base of the Antonine Wall which, although on public display since early in the 20 th century and consequently well-known, have never previously been surveyed in detail. This study presents the results of a measured survey of the visible wall base, reviews...