Nature Immunology: UNC team describes novel inflammatory protein function
- An Advance in CNS Treatments. // BioWorld Today;1/25/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 15, Special section p1
The article focuses on a University of Kentucky research, which showed that vimentin and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) can be simultaneously targeted by the small molecule withaferin A.
- Cell Reports: Researchers identify protein necessary for behavioral flexibility. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;6/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article focuses on a research in which researchers have identified a protein that is necessary to maintain behavioral flexibility, which allows to modify behaviors to adjust to circumstances that are similar, but not identical, to previous experiences.
- Spinal Fluid Complexity Upped. // BioWorld Today;6/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 118, Special section p1
The article focuses on a study, which revealed 2,630 proteins in human spinal fluid, of which 56% can only be found in the spinal fluid.
- Early Role for Tau in Neurodegeneration. // BioWorld Today;12/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 248, Special section p2
The article focuses on a study, which discovered that tau proteins already aggregate in dendrites in very early stages of Alzheimer's disease.
- Fat Cell Birth Revealed. // BioWorld Today;8/23/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 162, Special section p1
The article reports on a study by Ohio State University researchers which examined the role of the complex interactions among three proteins that are known to have an impact on preadipocytes in the formation of human fat cells.
- Life in Science. Summers, William C. // Bacteriophage;Jan2014, Vol. 4, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of studying medicine and researching protein structure, bacterial mRNA and Escherichia coli RNA polymerase.
- Optimal Micropattern Dimensions Enhance Neurite Outgrowth Rates, Lengths, and Orientations. MinJung Song; Kathryn E. Uhrich // Annals of Biomedical Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p1812
AbstractÃ‚Â Ã‚Â Micropattern dimensions can significantly influence neurite outgrowth orientation, rate, and length. Laminin micropatterns of various widths from 10 to 50Ã‚Â ÃŽÂ¼m at 10Ã‚Â ÃŽÂ¼m intervals separated by 40Ã‚Â ÃŽÂ¼m spaces were generated on...
- New research seeks to improve survival for myeloma and lymphoma patients. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;8/1/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on the research regarding the improvement in the survival of patients suffering from myeloma and lymphoma.
- 30 Years of Wnt Signalling: Special issue of the EMBO Journal celebrates 30 years of Wnt research. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article presents information on the publication of a research related to Wnt signalling, a protein signalling pathway by the periodical.