No need to panic, melting ice means more oil
- Shell pauses its Arctic drilling effort after a series of problems. Geman, Ben // Hill;2/28/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on the statement of Royal Dutch Shell regarding the cancellation of its drilling efforts in the Arctic waters off Alaska in 2013, following a series of problems encountered in 2012.
- HIGH RISK, HIGH REWARD. Parsi, Novid // PM Network;Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p7
The article mentions that Arctic oil drilling projects face remote and harsh terrain, regulatory hurdles and environmental activists, along with low oil prices that complicate the business case for such high-cost projects. Topics include the Arctic holding the last remaining big discoveries of...
- Groups Seek End to Drilling. JOLING, DAN // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);9/30/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 52, p1
The article reports that oil and gas company Royal Dutch Shell has decided to discontinue its offshore oil exploration in the Arctic waters off Alaska. Topics discussed include protests by environmental groups, like Greenpeace, to Shell's oil drilling due to its environmental impact on the...
- SHELL GAME. Williams, Ted // Audubon;Nov/Dec2013, Vol. 115 Issue 6, p28
The article discusses the failure of tests conducted by oil companies led by Royal Dutch Shell to determine if offshore oil operations can be safely conducted in Arctic waters. Topics addressed include the planned offshore oil operations in the Beaufort and Chuckchi seas, the proximity of...
- Shell backs GOP plan to advance offshore permits. Geman, Ben // Hill;4/14/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p14
The article reports on the initiative of the oil firm Royal Dutch Shell PLC to support the efforts of the Republican party to hasten the advancement of offshore permits in the U.S.
- Mysteries of the deep. // New Scientist;8/26/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1992, p3
Editorial. Comments on the dispute between Shell and Greenpeace over disposal the disposal of the oil storage rig Brent Spar in Western Scotland ocean; Need for research on deep oceans; Background and details of the debate.
- Storm warning over Brent Spar. Pearce, Fred // New Scientist;8/26/95, Vol. 147 Issue 1992, p4
Reports about the dispute between environment group Greenpeace and Shell over the disposal of the Brent Spar oil platform in the deep waters off Scotland. Errors in environmental assessment made in a Shell report over oil platform disposal in North Feni Ridge, North Atlantic ocean; Likely...
- NORTHERN EXPOSURE. Saha, Purbita // Audubon;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 117 Issue 4, p19
The author focuses on the offshore drilling to be made by oil company Shell at the Chukchi Sea off northwestern Alaska in summer 2015.
- Royal Dutch Shell. ORR, VANESSA // Alaska Business Monthly;Nov2012, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p54
The article offers information about Royal Dutch Shell PLC located in Alaska. It informs the company-s plan to drill for oil from offshore drilling rigs in Beaufort and Chukchi seas. Article also informs that before starting the drill, the company-s oil spill containment barge must be certified...