- Police to 'doorstep' sex attack suspects. Bill Caven // Mail on Sunday;7/20/2014, p30
MEN suspected of sex crimes are to be targeted in a revolutionary new police crackdown.
- Warning as cyber-crime cases double in two years. Gavin Madeley // Daily Mail;7/ 9/2014, p10
SOARING numbers of internet crimes, including cyber-bullying, grooming and stalking, are being investigated by Scottish police.
- Hate crime up in Sweden. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/5/2004, Issue 867, p37
Reports on the increase of hate crimes against gays according to police reports in Sweden.
- Transgender Sues San Francisco Law Enforcement for Brutality. Gierach, Ryan // Lesbian News;Sep2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p16
Reports the police harassment lawsuit filed by a female-to-male transgender person to the San Francisco City in California. Police harassment suffered by transgender people; Number of incidents of hate crimes against transgenders committed by the policing agencies; Focus of attention on the...
- Cuts leave our justice system facing crisis. // Daily Mail;12/6/2016, p16
A CRACKDOWN on domestic abuse by Police Scotland is a welcome attempt to tackle a crime that blights the lives of thousands of women and, often, their children.
- FIGURES OF HATE. Dunn, Peter // Community Care;1/20/2005, Issue 1556, p34
Focuses on the increase in the number of hate crimes in Great Britain. Offences involved in hate crimes; Number of racist incidents recorded by the police in England and Wales; Responsibilities of the police and Victim Support in responding to hate crime; Development of a service standard and...
- PLAYING IT SAFE: HATE CRIME FIGURES STEADY FOR 2005. J. R. C. // Just Out;7/15/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the launch of initiatives by the Portland Police Bureau in Oregon to protect gays, lesbians and other minorities from hate crimes. Prevalence of hate crimes; Attendance of police officers at the Portland Pride Festival; Indications of crime prevention.
- Better late award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/28/97, Vol. 44 Issue 17, p1
Praises the Nassau County, New York, Police Department for forming a bias crimes unit prompted by an increase in hate crimes in 1996.
- Policing hate crime. Duffin, Christian // Nursing Standard;2/7/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p18
A partnership between nurses at a London sexual health clinic and local police officers helps police in their work combating hate crime.