Talent ideology questioned
- Money money money, in the rich man s world. Turner, Katharine // Management Today;Mar2010, p30
The article reviews the book "Pay Check: Are Top Earners Really Worth It?," by David Bolchover.
- Badly designed packages 'can cause excessive pay'. // Employee Benefits;Jul2012, p14
The article focuses on the Employee Benefits Summit 2012. Delegates at the summit said that badly designed bonus or reward packages are the likely cause of excessive executive pay. David Bolchover, author of the book "Pay Check: Are Top Earners Really Worth It?," says that there are three main...
- Structuring Restricted Access Bonus Arrangements. Baler, Richard C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 25, p12
Focuses on the integration of a restricted access bonus arrangement with an executive benefits program in the U.S. Restriction on employee's access to the policy's cash surrender values for a period of time; Modification of ownership rights; Tax implications.
- Trash execs clean up even if earnings drop. Duff, Susanna // Waste News;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p15
Reports on the awarding of bonus to executives of solid waste companies in the United States. Role of executives in the manipulation of the performance of companies; Kinds of awards given to the executives; Effort to motivate executives to perform the job better.
- 2010'S BEST (OR WORST?) PERKS. // Fortune;2/7/2011, Vol. 163 Issue 2, p24
The article examines notably large bonuses and fringe benefits given to executives by corporations in 2010 including payments to Martha Stewart by Martha Stewart Omnimedia, to Lonnie Pilgrim by Pilgrim's Pride and to Michael Jeffries by Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Sweetening the deal? // Executive Leadership;Aug2013, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p7
The article presents an answer to a question on whether to consider a deal sweetener like an early-start bonus for a seasoned executive who will manage a new retail sports-apparel store expansion.
- Oink, Oink. // Canada & the World Backgrounder;May2003, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p17
Comments on the high compensation packages Canadian and U.S. corporate executives enjoy, despite financial crises faced by their companies. Executives and their compensation packages; Rise in total compensation for executives in 2001; Bonuses paid to executives of Toronto Stock Exchange 300...
- in the news. // Employee Benefits;Jun2002, p9
Reports that shareholder activism by institutional investors prompted Prudential to withdraw an executive bonus scheme and encouraged Selfridges stop its executive scheme. Statement from a Prudential spokeswoman; Advice given by Stuart Bell, head of research at the Pensions Investment Research...
- Pay for Short-Term Performance: Executive Compensation in Speculative Markets. Bolton, Patrick; Scheinkman, José; Wei Xiong // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer2005, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p721
The article focuses on pay for short-term performance specifically relevant to executive compensation in speculative markets in the United States. It argues that the root cause behind corporate scandals associated with chief executive pay is the technology bubble of the latter half of the 1990s,...