- Vegetarians in poorer health, finds study. // Meat Trades Journal;4/11/2014, p3
The article reports on the study from Graz, Austria-based Medical University indicating the poor health and life quality of vegetarians.
- 'WHAT TO EXPECT'. Murkoff, Heidi // Baby Talk;Feb2002, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p69
Addresses the nutritional aspects of vegetarian pregnant women. Range of dietary elements necessary to pregnant women; Food sources for calcium supplement.
- Metabolic syndrome less prevalent in vegetarians. // Endocrine Today;May2011, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p23
The article discusses research on the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in vegetarians, by N. S. Rizzo and colleagues, published in the 2011 issue of "Diabetes Care."
- Lower Cancer Risk In Vegetarians. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2010, Issue 101, p13
The article reports on the results of the study that vegetarians have a lower risk of developing cancer than those who eat meat.
- Vegetarian Diet Lowers Lipids in Premenopausal Women. Sadovsky, Richard // American Family Physician;10/1/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p1660
Presents information on a study by N.D. Barnard and others that assessed the effects of a low-fat vegetarian diet on serum lipid levels in healthy premenopausal women by reviewing the data obtained in a clinical trial planned to test the effects of such a diet on hormonal function. Description...
- LEAFY GREENS. SLOAT-SPENCER, JACKIE // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p25
The article presents food ingredient profile of leafy greens which include as kale, Swiss chard and baby bok choy that offers health benefits for the health-conscious consumers.
- news briefs. // Focus on Healthy Aging;Apr2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p2
The article offers health news briefs as of April 2013 such as the study on the association among poor sleep, brain deterioration, and memory loss, as well as the study on the risk of hospitalization rate or death from cardiovascular disease in vegetarians and meat eaters.
- Cultivating conversation. Kapperman, Christine // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Apr2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p8
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including methods of achieving specialty shoppers demand, an interview with Strictly Gluten free store owners Steve and Angela Distefano and paleolithic diet for vegans.
- Vegetarians 'cut heart risk by 32%'. // Africa Health;Mar2013, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on a study which reveals that vegetarians are 32% less likely to develop heart dieases.