- Governing Without a Net. Lyons, Daniel // Newsweek;11/15/2010, Vol. 156 Issue 20, p22
The article discusses a decline in support for U.S. President Barack Obama among the online activists who campaigned for him. The author suggests that Obama has failed to deliver the changes they wanted, including legalization of gay marriage, closure of GuantÃ¡namo Bay prison in Cuba, and the...
- Prop 8 rallies on Nov. 15 spur new wave of activism. Overmyer, Ove // Empty Closet;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 419, p1A
The article reports on the demonstration of gay marriage rights supporters in various U.S. cities to protest the Proposition 8 that overturned gay marriage in California on November 15, 2008. They gathered at public buildings to express their frustrations and renew calls for change. In Monroe...
- Gay Marriage. Stoddard, Thomas; Fein, Bruce // ABA Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p42
Focuses on the debate over the legalization of homosexual marriages in the United States as of 1990. Defeat of a law in San Francisco, California, in November 1999, that would have allowed gay and lesbian couples the right to enter into legally enforceable registered partnerships; View of...
- Just MARRIED. Dennis, Alicia; Dowd, Kathy Ehrich; Cotliar, Sharon // People;8/8/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p82
Several photographs are presented of same-sex couples who wed on July 24, 2011 in New York, the day that same-sex marriage became legal in the state.
- Vermont moves closer to legalizing same-sex marriage. // Bay Windows;2/12/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the introduction of a bill that would legalize same-sex marriage in Vermont on February 6, 2009.
- Couples unite as D.C. legalizes same-sex unions. Gresko, Jessica // Buffalo Law Journal;3/15/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 21, p12
The article reports on the couples who are united to protest against the Washington D.C.'s legalization of the same-sex marriage.
- New England briefs. // Bay Windows;8/9/2012, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p3
The article presents news items related to the LGBT community in New England including investment by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) in states facing marriage-related ballot measures, views of Republican Kevin Smith against the marriage law, and hate crime faced by bisexual David Teague Ill.
- Gay Marriage in Mexico and the Baja Paradox. Martínez, Mariana // La Prensa San Diego;3/12/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p1
The article offers information on various issues concerning the legalization of gay marriage, which led to various debates in Mexico.
- Washington council votes to legalize same-sex marriage. // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/24/2009, Issue 1148, p16
The article reports on the vote of the Washington City Council on the legalization of same-sex marriage in California.