An Interlude in Afghanistan
- Afghan Journey. Yaqubi, Wajmah // U.S. News & World Report;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 22, p38
Details the trip made by the author and her mother, both of whom are returning to Afghanistan after a 21-year absence. Background on their life in Virginia and family in Afghanistan; Thoughts on the Soviet occupation and the Taliban rule in Afghanistan, which they heard about in letters from...
- Country fact sheet: Afghanistan. // U.S. Department of State Dispatch;6/6/94, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p372
Presents an overview of the people, history, and current news from the central Asian nation of Afghanistan. Influence of Europe in this region; Impact of the Soviet invasion; Additional information.
- Afghanistan travels, or why I stopped shaving. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;12/21/99, Vol. 92 Issue 19, p1
Presents the author's experiences of travelling in Afghanistan and a discussion of condition in the country under the Taliban as of 1999.
- Travel Information. // Afghanistan Country Review;2009, p141
The article offers guidelines for international travelers to Afghanistan including the taking of travel insurance to cover medical evacuation, learning one's culture and destination country and getting essential visas for the country.
- Key Data. // Afghanistan Country Review;2012, p2
The article provides an overview of the key data of Afghanistan including the country's population, climate, and ethnic groups.
- OUT of the ASHES. Pollen, Bella // Australian Gourmet Traveller;May2014, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p176
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of visiting Marefat School in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- THE LOST CITY. De Bellaigue, Christopher // New Yorker;1/21/2002, Vol. 77 Issue 44, p28
Features the city of Afghanistan. Accounts of the Timurid Renaissance; Development of a magnificent but restrained architecture; Construction of houses, mosques and cisterns around small courtyards.
- Key Data. // Afghanistan Country Review;2011, p1
The article presents a country profile for Afghanistan which includes key information on its population, geographical area and religions.
- FORBIDDEN COUNTRY. Croke, Tracey // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 142, p59
The article offers travel and hiking tips in Afghanistan and includes recommendations for places to visit and activities to do.