- Need: An article on environment costs. Graham. Jr., Otis L. // World & I;Sep94, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p399
Discusses the need to focus on the environmental costs of immigration in the United States. Study of Huddle and Simcox; Analysis of Annelise Anderson.
- Immigration as environmental issue. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;12/4/97, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p4
Looks at the debate among United States environmental groups about the impact immigration on the environment. The Sierra Club to decide whether to maintain its neutrality on immigration or to seek reductions; Why many environmental groups appear to disregard the working class, especially...
- EAST TO ALASKA. GRAF, KELLY // dig;Apr2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the environmental conditions that play a significant role in the migration of ancient people from Siberia to the Americas and the possibility that these people were the first Americans.
- FoE Australia News. Walker, Cam // Chain Reaction;Spring2000, Issue 83, p46
Highlights news items from Friends of the Earth Australia organization for the year 2000. Issues discussed during the January 2000 meeting of the members of Friends of the Earth; Details on a report from the Australia Institute regarding the link between immigration and greenhouse gas...
- Rural-to-Urban Labor Migration, Household Livelihoods, and the Rural Environment in Chongqing Municipality, Southwest China. Qin, Hua // Human Ecology: An Interdisciplinary Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p675
Rural migration and its relationship to the rural environment have attracted increasing research interest in recent decades. Rural migration constitutes a key component of human population movement, while rural areas contain most of the world's natural resources such as land and forests. This...
- Einleitung: Klima und Umwelt als Determinanten rÃ¤umlicher MobilitÃ¤t? Felgentreff, Carsten; Geiger, Martin // IMIS-BeitrÃ¤ge;dez2013, Issue 44, p7
The article introduces this issue of the journal, which discusses environmental factors, particularly global environmental change, of migration patterns and movements, with several contributions focusing on Africa.
- Measuring population growth around tropical protected areas: current issues and solutions. Joppa, Lucas N.; Loarie, Scott. R.; Nelson, Andrew // Tropical Conservation Science;2010, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p117
Do people migrate toward parks, and if so, why? These long-standing questions in conservation are especially important in tropical regions. It is there that rural human populations intersect with some of the world's greatest biodiversity, and protected areas are often the last line of defense in...
- The Gold Crush. Motavalli, Jim // E: The Environmental Magazine;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the rapid growth of the population in California due to immigration. Data on the population; Impact of high population growth on the environment; Effect on endangered species; Causes of environmental problems.
- Roy Beck: It's About the Numbers. Motavalli, Jim // E: The Environmental Magazine;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p33
Interviews Roy Beck, director of NumberUSA, about reducing immigration levels in California. Connection between population growth and environmental degradation; How environmental groups that call for a limit to immigration defend against charges of racism.