Disabled Patients Skew Medicare Rx Benefit Design
- BAD month. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jul2014, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p14
The article offers news briefs related to health care in the world which include increase in the number of senior citizens prescribed narcotic painkillers and anti-anxiety medications under the prescription drug program of U.S. Medicare.
- Drug Abuse in Medicare. // Chain Drug Review;10/24/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p79
The article reports that Medicate beneficiaries in the U.S. are involved in drug abuse as they buy exceedingly large amount painkillers and other drugs than required.
- U.S. Operates Top Drug Ring In The Nation. DEVON M. HERRICK // Investors Business Daily;10/30/2014, pA13
Medicare has a drug problem.
- Ibuprofen. // Current Health 2;Dec85, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p22
Now sold over the counter, ibuprofen blocks the production of prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. Ibuprofen also lowers fever and there is less danger of death from an overdose as compared with aspirin. However, there are special precautions consumers need to know.
- Orudis joins over-the-counter analgesics. // Executive Health's Good Health Report;Mar1996, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Features the over-the-counter potent analgesic, ORUDIS KT. Application; Composition; Comments from David Goddard, chief of the Long Island College Hospital's Division of Rheumatology.
- Choosing a pain reliever can be a pain in the neck. // Medical Update;Jan94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p2
Provides information relevant in selecting a pain reliever. Types of pain reliever; Ingredients; Effectiveness; Label information; Generic drugs.
- A new painkiller. // Newsweek;7/9/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p53
Ibuprofen is the first new painkiller, introduced at a nonprescription drug, in 30 years. It sells under the trade names of Advil and Nuprin. However, there are some bothersome questions about it. Although chemically different from aspirin, the new drug has a similar potential for causing...
- How to pick a pain reliever. // Consumer Reports on Health;Mar1996, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on how to pick a pain reliever with reference to a number of pain-reliever. Information on over-the-counter pain relievers. INSETS: Comparing pain relief.;Over-the-counter pain relievers.;Summing up.;Precautions on pain relievers.
- Ketoprofen's toll on the gut. // Consumer Reports on Health;02/01/97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p19
Cites results from an analysis of 12 studies of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which confirmed that the over-the-counter pain reliever, ketoprofen, is much more likely than the other nonprescription NSAIDs to cause stomach upset and intestinal bleeding. Article published in `British...