GLOBALIZATION AND GLOBAL EDUCATION
- Local businesses recognize worth of international education. Perrone, Ellen // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/15/94, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p2B
Reports on Indiana-based employers' recognition of the importance of international education in preparing future employees. Opening of two international schools; Donations to the schools; Industry executives' comments.
- President's message. Brownlee, Paula P. // Liberal Education;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p1
Discusses the value of international studies for students. Need for making the most of a limited perspective; Personal experience in international studies; Call for educators to first ask readers to confront their own experiences.
- One world, many voices. Kelleher, Ann // Liberal Education;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p2
Discusses issues surrounding international education. Content dilemma; Interdependence-diversity paradox; Programmatic issues; Measures of campus internationalization.
- Reunion: My dinner with David. Juska, Jane // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr94, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p628
Presents the author's reflections on her student intern. Teaching talent of the intern; Concept of classroom integrity; Problems in education.
- Far away is close to home. Schroeder, K. // Education Digest;Mar1992, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p2
Discusses the challenges educators face concerning international education in and from other countries. Considers the globe-spanning scope and stunning international contrasts to be found in education today. Various articles in this edition of `Education Digest.'
- Global Education -- What is it? // Social Alternatives;Jul90, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p2
Discusses aspects of global education. Themes and perspectives; World orientation; Future orientation.
- Classes without borders. Lawrence, Lee // Christian Science Monitor;12/7/99, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p11
Looks at the Atlanta International School (AIS) and other international schools in the United States that teach the virtues of multiculturalism and promote understanding among different cultures.
- APPROACHES TO GLOBAL EDUCATION IN THE UNITED STATES, THE UNITED KINGDOM AND JAPAN. Fujikane, Hiroko // International Review of Education / Internationale Zeitschrift f;Mar2003, Vol. 49 Issue 1/2, p133
This paper analyses approaches to global education in the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan. The paper begins by looking at movements that preceded global education, such as education for international understanding, development education, multicultural education, and peace education....
- Comparative international education. Gordon, Denise // Science Teacher;Oct98, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p8
Opinion. Comments on the Fulbright Memorial Fund Program, an in-depth study, being conducted by the Japanese Government, which relates to international education. Year in which the program was started; Reason the program was started; Survey of Japan's science curriculum and laboratory...
- Canada Launches International Education Marketing Group. // International Educator (1059-4221);Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the launch of the Canadian Consortium for International Education Marketing by several Canadian education groups which aims to provide leadership, coordination, and added value in marketing Canada to international students.