Anti-bullying legislation, two years out
- Needed Updates to Anti-bullying Law Will Make Schools Safer for Students. Coakley, Martha // Bay Windows;3/6/2014, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p1
The author reflects on the need for changes in current anti-bullying law for schools in Massachusetts.
- Anti-Bullying Law Unfunded Mandate, N.J. Council Rules. SHAH, NIRVI // Education Week;2/8/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p19
The article discusses the findings of New Jersey's Council on Local Mandates that raise concern over New Jersey's funding of mandated school bullying legislation called the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights.
- Minn. Gov. Appoints Anti-Bullying Panel. TRIBUNE, McCLATCHY // Education Week;3/28/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 26, p4
The article discusses the Task Force on the Prevention of School Bullying implemented by Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton in response to a low rating of Minnesota's bullying laws by a national watchdog group in 2011.
- LGBT anti-bullying bill to get another test in Arizona Legislature. Gullickson, Glenn // Echo Magazine;1/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses the plan of the Equality Arizona organization to raise awareness in support of the LGBT anti-bullying bill in Arizona. It states that the organization is planning to meet public instruction state superintendent John Huppenthal to seek his support for the bill. It cites that...
- New Jersey Governor Signs Anti-Bullying Measure. // Education Week;1/12/2011, Vol. 30 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie signed a legislative bill against bullying in the state's schools.
- Workplace Bullying. Pagura, Ingrid // Journal of the Australian Traditional-Medicine Society;Autumn2015, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p50
The article focuses on the inclusion of provisions on workplace bullying into the Fair Work Act 2009 in Australia. Topics mentioned include an overview of the provisions which covers both employees and independent contractors, requirements for businesses to comply with the amendment including...
- Bullying Prevention. JOHNSON, KATIE // American School & University;Sep2012, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p34
The article offers a discussion on how to prevent bullying in school. It highlights the valuable lessons learned from a bullying incident that could prevent the same incident from happening, why some bullying incidents are not reported, what are some strategies to prevent bullying and...
- Antibullying Policies. // Pediatrics for Parents;Nov/Dec2016, Vol. 30 Issue 11/12, p23
The article discusses the study regarding the effectiveness of anti-bullying policies in several states in the U.S. in reducing risk of students being bullied or cyberbullied.
- Bullying STOPS: When solutions come from students. McGRATH, DARRYL // NYSUT United;Mar2013, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p20
The article focuses on prevention of bullying in schools in New York State. The New York State United Teachers (NYSUT) supported the passage of the Dignity for All Students Act which outlaws bullying of students during school hours by other students or employees of the school. According to...