- NAVIGATE THE SOCIAL MEDIA MAZE. Wray, Sarah // Nursing Standard;11/21/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p62
Nurses have much to gain from using online networking sites, but Sarah Wray says they should proceed with caution.
- Twitter’s potential to enhance professional networking. Power, Alison // British Journal of Midwifery;Jan2015, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p65
Twitter is a microblogging service where users can â€˜tweetâ€™ short messages of 140 characters. Historically it was seen as a platform for personal communication; however, more recently it has been adopted by a growing body of health professionals and academics to communicate, access,...
- Don't Post This! New privacy policies urged as Twitter, Facebook replace e-mails. CHARET, GENEVIEVE P. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2010, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p18
The article discusses privacy concerns as Internet social networking sites, such as Twitter and Facebook, replace electronic mail (e-mail). Topics include an overview of how physicians and hospitals encourage an atmosphere of open communication with their patients while cautioning them about the...
- Trust in Social Networking. BRYNKO, BARBARA // Information Today;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p11
The article discusses the highlights of the Internet & American Life Project of the Pew Research Center that was released in the U.S. in June 2011, which explored the social impact of popular social networking sites (SNS) like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. The project found that over half of...
- Facing up to Facebook. Barker, Rose; Anisy, Janaya; Nicoll, Kate; Hiskemuller, Yvonne; Kyle, Margaret // Midwifery News;Jun2012, Issue 65, p20
The article examines midwive's use of social networking sites such as Facebook, citing excerpts from the Midwifery Council Code of Conduct that provide guidance on the issue. The code discusses issues of accountability and professional conduct and clarifies the Council's position on using such...
- Facebook in the Spotlight. HANE, PAULA J. // Information Today;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p8
The article focuses on privacy and personal data on the internet. It comments on the initial public offering of social network company Facebook and talks about how the most important asset for Facebook is the data is possesses about over 900 million monthly active users. It mentions Facebook...
- Meet the New Social Media. BRUDNO, SUSAN // Information Today;Nov2012, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p26
The article focuses on the online social media websites reddit and Whisper and the ability of users on the two sites to remain anonymous when posting comments.
- SOCIAL NETWORKING OPENS A PANDORA'S BOX. THOMAS, LEE // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p23
The article reports on an increase which has been seen in the use of online social networking web sites such as Facebook and Twitter. In the article the author offers her opinions on the sites, on an increase which has been seen in nurses who use the sites to discuss and/or complain about work...
- WE SHOULDN'T FEAR SOCIAL MEDIA. Fenton, Clare H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;9/17/2011, Vol. 343 Issue 7823, p552
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the fears of trainee doctors in using Facebook.