There Can Be No 'Return.'
- A Just Solution for the Palestinian Refugees. // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p67
Presents a roundtable discussion on the Right of Return of Palestinian refugees in Israel. Elements of the Right of Return; Recognition of Israelis on the problem; Survival of the Jewish state.
- Asylum Seekers. Gillen, Sally // Community Care;4/17/2003, Issue 1468, p18
Critical inspections of removal and reception centres have increased fears about the government's strategy on asylum seekers. Fears about the welfare of asylum seekers being detained in immigration removal and reception centres were confirmed by the publication of highly critical inspection...
- Citizenship and Return. Salem, Walid // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2002, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p80
Comments on the relationship between citizenship and return in Israel and Palestine. Utilization of the Rights of return; Context of the International Human Rights Convention; Legality of the Jewish immigration.
- The convention and the committee against torture: a complementary protection regime for refugees. Gorlick, B // International Journal of Refugee Law;Summer99, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p479
Many unsuccessful asylum seekers petition international human rights mechanisms for alternative protection against return to their countries of origin on the basis that they will be subject to torture or cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment. This article examines the important role taken by...
- The international protection of internally displaced persons. Geissler, N // International Journal of Refugee Law;Summer99, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p451
Between twenty and twenty-five million persons have been forced to leave their homes or places of habitual residence in the last few years, because of armed conflicts, internal strife or systematic violations of human rights. Unlike refugees, internally displaced persons (IDPs) have not crossed...
- Table_of_Contents. // International Journal of Refugee Law;May2012, Vol. 24 Issue 2, pNP
The table of contents for the May 2012 issue of "International Journal of Refugee Law" is presented.
- Policy reversal averts support crisis. // Community Care;5/6/2004, Issue 1521, p7
Reports on the government decision to reverse the policy of denying support to asylum seekers from the European Union accession countries who seek refuge in Great Britain in 2004. Number of asylum seekers affected by the policy.
- Manus Island policy fails asylum seekers. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr2013, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p50
The article reports on efforts which many asylum seeker advocacy groups, including the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), are making in 2013 to persuade the Australian government to act on a report from the UNHCR which was critical of the treatment and processing of asylum...
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Vickovich, Ilija // Macquarie Law Journal;2013, Vol. 12, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various topics including international law, refugee law and human rights law.