Pearl Harbor DISASTER
- Prelude to Pearl. Harding, Stephen // World War II;Dec2008/Jan2009, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p40
The article offers historical accounts about an attack by a Japanese submarine of the steamship Cynthia Olson headed by U.S. Captain Berthel Carlsen in the Pacific Ocean on December 7, 1941. The details of the story of the attack according to Japanese Commander Minoru Yokota and chief gunner...
- Return of the Sullivans. Collins, Michael // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2001, Vol. 127 Issue 10, p54
Reports the heroism of victims of the Terrorist Attack of the United States. Historical background of the Attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941; Effects of the terrorist attack on Americans; List of countries with nuclear armaments.
- The Nation (And TWICE) Rise To Meet The Challenge. Gerson, Bob // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p20
Relates the experience of the author upon recounting disasters in New York, New York. Types of disasters as defined by the author; Attack on the Pearl Harbor; Assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
- Top 10 Disasters on U.S. Soil. // Human Events;11/12/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 42/43, p21
A list of the top 10 disasters in the U.S. is presented which includes the Japanese attack on Hawaii-based Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941, the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, and the 1906 earthquake and fire in San Francisco, California.
- Behavioral Health's 'Finest Hour.' Stoil, Michael J. // Behavioral Health Management;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Reports that the behavioral health community volunteered its expertise, services and resources to help the people of the United states cope with the terrorist arrack on September 11, 2001. Role of the mental health community in the aftermath of the Pearl Harbor bombing; Details of the Robert T....
- Leadership Lessons from Pearl Harbor. Davis, Kevin // Executive Excellence;Jul2002, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on leadership lessons from Pearl Harbor. Contents of the book 'At Dawn We Slept: The Untold Story of Pearl Harbor.'
- Objects in history. Campbell, Tom // American History;May/Jun96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p74
Discusses the role of the Yard Tug Hoga in saving ships at Pearl Harbor bombed by the Japanese on December 7, 1941. Commendation from Admiral Chester W. Nimitz to Hoga and her crew for their bravery and service during the attack; Hoga as the last remaining vessel afloat that survived the...
- The golden pearl. Mallon, T. // American Spectator;Mar1992, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p36
Describes a trip to Pearl Harbor in December 1991 by members of the Pearl Harbor Survivors Association to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the attack there by Japan on December 7, 1941. The ceremony at the Arizona Memorial Visitor Center; Feelings of the veterans; Anecdotes of things that...
- Scouts at Pearl Harbor. Peterson, R.W. // Boys' Life;Dec91, Vol. 81 Issue 12, p28
Recounts Boy Scouts' experiences during the attack on Pearl Harbor by the Japanese fifty years ago. Fourteen-year-old C. Dudley Pratt Jr.; Paul Y. Ishimoto; Scoutmaster Richard Mizuta and his Troop 50. INSET: Japanese-Americans remained loyal..