The Political Economy of Endangered Species Conservation
- PLANNING & POLICY. // Ecological Restoration;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p273
Presents abstracts on planning and policy in ecological restoration. Highlights of the National Marine Fisheries Services' final ruling on the Endangered Species Act; Information on the draft of the Invasive Species Management plan release in October 2000.
- Plants that protect ecosystems: a survey from California. Pavlik, Bruce M. // Biodiversity & Conservation;Apr2003, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p717
Focuses on state and federal endangered species laws that allow the protection of critical habitat for listed plant taxa. How in the case of extreme ecological specialists with restricted geographic distributions, significant proportions of unusual ecosystems could thus be afforded protection...
- Deer are the embodiment of wildlife and nature itself. Allen, Lee // Inside Tucson Business;11/16/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the conservation of wildlife and its habitat in Arizona. According to Game & Fish Regional Game Specialist Jim Heffelfinger, deer is the embodiment of nature itself and the bread and butter species of wildlife agencies. It notes that wildlife conservation provides for...
- Law of Salvation. Williams, Ted // Audubon;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 107 Issue 6, p30
The article explains that the Endangered Species Act can only achieve its potential when the public demands its enforcement from the federal government. The ESA was signed into law by U.S. President Richard Nixon on December 19, 1973. The law was unanimously approved by the members of the Senate...
- Watershed for Whales. // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p21
The article reports that the International Whaling Commission (IWC) meeting that took place in May 30, 2007 to June 2, 2007 in Anchorage, Alaska is likely to be a watershed meeting where countries opposed to commercial whaling. It is stated that the IWC majority voted to oppose any weakening of...
- The road to recovery: a new way of thinking about the Endangered Species Act Cheever, Federico // Ecology Law Quarterly;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p1
No abstract available.
- Endangered species bill. Barlas, S. // Underground Construction;Nov97, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p6
Describes the changes proposed in the endangered species reform bill in the United States. Emergency repairs that may be done by gas pipelines in endangered species areas.
- Is the Endangered Species Act working? // Backpacker;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p46
Presents opposing views on the Endangered Species Act in the U.S.
- The northwest's showsown: Murrelets vs. millworkers. Knickerbocker, Brad // Christian Science Monitor;6/12/95, Vol. 87 Issue 137, p1
Discusses the likely amendments of the Endangered Species Act. Relationship between damage to biological diversity and human activities; Problems for the agencies dealing with protecting endangered species.